Michael Jackson Suffers Cardiac Arrest

Mission

Well it,s close to midnight here in Phnom penh (actually I.m lying it.s 5 o.clock in the evening but I couldn't resist it!)

R.I.P. Mike!

I,m looking forward to the funeral cortage winding it''s way through L.A. with thousands of Zombies dancing along behind it . I can

That guy put so much into the kiddies he will be sorely missed :)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet that John Gregory burk will find some way to use it continue his long distence love affair with Davy Knowles.

Do you like anyone other than that loser from The Fall?

is it wrong that his death has already made me lol 3 times today?? Consequently, I'm in a very chipper mood :) :)

I genuinely seem to be getting more pleasure from his death than I ever did from his music.... seems very wrong somehow...

I quite liked Dirty Diana when I was younger tho..... (the song....)

The jokes have started . . .

Jacko is not to be buried or cremated; he is to be recycled into carrier bags. That way he can continue to be white, plastic and dangerous for kids to play with.

Michael Jackson's family have asked the undertakers if they will accept plastic.

Jacko's ghost has already been spotted on a children's ward trying to put the willies up young boys.

Michael Jackson has died aged 50. In the spirit of recycling he will be melted down into plastic party cups so kids can still get their lips round his rim.

Michael Jackson didn't die from a heart attack, it was from food poisoning - he had been chewing on 12 year old nuts.

Police are not sure of the cause of Michael's death. A spokesman said "don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight"

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Alex Ferguson? Ferguson will be playing Giggs in August.

Reports that Michael Jackson had a heart attack in the medical centre are untrue, apparently he had a stroke in the childrens' ward.

McDonalds will be releasing a commemorative Michael Jackson burger - it will contain 50 year old aged meat between 10 year old buns.

Mattel have asked the estate whether they might have his body to melt down and make commemorative dolls - that way the children can play with him.

I bet that John Gregory burk will find some way to use it continue his long distence love affair with Davy Knowles.

Oh yes loads, in fact I don't have time to listen to all the music I like.

That's why I get annoyed by the devaluation of the way we talk about music these days, if everybody is a "legend", "hero", "a great", "an inspiration", "influential" it all becomes meaningless. IOM newspapers has in last few weeks referred to a legendary weatherman (how is that possible) and had an article where "guitar hero" Joe Satriani praised Davy.

Now there has been a stream of newspaper stories about Davy getting praise from a motley crew of aging rockers (including the time the former bassist from Rory Gallagher's 70's band called Davy's house but Davy wasn't in) say complimentary things about Davy. But it's all bullshit, because his worth as a musician will be measured by the worth of the music he makes not by the reflected glory from ageing rock stars.

And it works the other way - it's quite common for djs and the like to bang on about the Bee Gees inspiring modern acts like Westlife or Will Young and this is used to validate them as artists. But if Will Young had never heard the Bee Gees or was an estate agent in home counties, the Bee Gees's records would still be the same.

This reflected glory business is really devaluing the way people discuss music these days. For example, it is not uncommon to read that the debut album by a new band is "mastered by Joe Bloggs" and then in brackets a list of other bands whose records Joe Bloggs has mastered ie - "mastered by Joe Bloggs (Radiohead, Fleet Foxes, Take That), as if that is supposed to be relevent to music. Mastering is the process of transferring the band's final mix to master copy from which the cd's etc are created. It's a skilled process but the mastering technicians will hire themselves out to all sorts of artists so just because Joe Bloggs mastered a record for Radiohead doesn't mean the next record will have anything in common with Radiohead.

stuff

It was more of a rhetorical question really...

I wouldn't say it was a rant. The points you make are valid and pertinent.

I dislike the prevelant bullshit baffles brains mantras.

The value or otherwise of his music is all down to personal taste - there are no definitives.

His lifestyle made him the target of a million jokes - possibly with good reason.

What cannot be denied, however, was that he was a superb entertainer - practically an endangered species in the age of ephemeral, throwaway 'talent.' If he is to be remembered it ought to be for his stage performances.

The value or otherwise of his music is all down to personal taste - there are no definitives.

His lifestyle made him the target of a million jokes - possibly with good reason.

What cannot be denied, however, was that he was a superb entertainer - practically an endangered species in the age of ephemeral, throwaway 'talent.' If he is to be remembered it ought to be for his stage performances.

His value as an entertainer is as much down to personal taste as the value of his music.

Archived