Manx Government Bacs

bluemonday

It would seem that there are allegedly currently 'issues' concerning payments through BACS by at least one department.

A glitch in the system possibly affecting thousands of transactions, allegedly.

No official comment as yet.

If you or someone you know could possibly be affected, act accordingly.

However in the tradition of MF, I'm sure far more entertainng explanations could be invented.

Feel free to speculate, however bizzare.

Possibly checking any bank accounts liable to be affected, that sort of thing to preclude giving the banks a chance to apply charges.

However pitchforks and flaming torches are always popular. Possibly a lynching, general looting and an outbreak of Luddite riots as well?

Possibly checking any bank accounts liable to be affected, that sort of thing to preclude giving the banks a chance to apply charges.

However pitchforks and flaming torches are always popular. Possibly a lynching, general looting and an outbreak of Luddite riots as well?

Will a fiery cross be acceptable - or do I need permission from the BNP?

Perhaps you should consult Health and Safety on that.

Unless of course you been on the 'Wielding burning crosses 101' ( advanced ) course and have the current H&S certificate to produce if required.

Seriously though, what does happen when there is no more money left?

The sums simply don't add up.

What is it we produce again? What happens when we get found out?

A nation of 80,000 people and that army of Civil Servants being paid and pensioned in excess of a £1000+++ a week....

Good questions nipper

My BACS payment came in today!

What problem?

Excellent news.

Obviously there's currently some sort of mass halucination going on.

People must be imagining that they're being told there's a 'glitch.'

Government employees must be imagining receiving phone calls from imaginary people.

They must also be imagining that they're telling said imaginary people who phone up that there's a 'glitch.'

MHKs and various ministers must be imagining that people are contacting them about the 'glitch'

Glad that's all been cleared up.

It's all a phantasm.

It's all a phantasm.

You mean fantasy? Phantasm is just scary.

I'll run with number 1 from the chambers definition

phantasm noun 1 an illusion or fantasy. 2 a ghost or phantom. Also called phantasma (phantasmata). phantasmal adj. phantasmally adverb.

ETYMOLOGY: 13c: from Greek phantasma apparition.

Good questions nipper

What problem?

Excellent news.

Shock news. Government worker worried for half an hour whether salary gets paid today. Contrasted by hundreds of finance sector workers worrying about whether their companies will nbe around to pay them at all over the next couple of months.

I feel your pain .... now get back to work. You might not have anything else to worry about until you retire!

Good questions nipper

What problem?

Excellent news.

Shock news. Government worker worried for half an hour whether salary gets paid today. Contrasted by hundreds of finance sector workers worrying about whether their companies will nbe around to pay them at all over the next couple of months.

I feel your pain .... now get back to work. You might not have anything else to worry about until you retire!

Pay day is the 25th, you muppet.

It was a grant I received.

Moral? Don't jump to conclusions.

Archived