New Man At The Top Of Rbsi

Whatsinaname

iomtoday RBSI

Anyone have any skeet on what this is likely to mean for RBSI employees? Why is Ian Henderson leaving? What might make Gill appear to be a better Chief Executive for current conditions? Is there a reason that RBSI is employing someone who it would appear has no prior connection to the island?

EDIT: He might have prior connection to the island.. I just cant tell from that article!

Is there a reason that RBSI is employing someone who it would appear has no prior connection to the island?

Probably because they thought he was the best man for the job. Is there a reason you think he should he have a connection to the Isle of Man?

From iomtoday's article, quote from Henderson...

'I am particularly proud that last year in the wake of unprecedented market turmoil, RBS International achieved record profits and I know that I am leaving the business in a good shape for the future.'

So rather than promote a member of the local team that contributed to the record profits,.. RBS get someone else in who has been working in a narrower base with corporate clients in the Midlands. In RBS's judgment.. No one from the existing office is more up to the job of chief executive despite the experience and teamwork that contributed to the record profits??

From iomtoday's article, quote from Henderson...

'I am particularly proud that last year in the wake of unprecedented market turmoil, RBS International achieved record profits and I know that I am leaving the business in a good shape for the future.'

So rather than promote a member of the local team that contributed to the record profits,.. RBS get someone else in who has been working in a narrower base with corporate clients in the Midlands. In RBS's judgment.. No one from the existing office is more up to the job of chief executive despite the experience and teamwork that contributed to the record profits??

As far as I am aware there are no locals on the senior RBSI Team. Although by "local" I actually assume that like everyone else in the finance sector you actually mean "had a work permit for 5 years"?

Archived