[BBC News] Island's top vet takes retirement

Newsbot

Jane Callow FTW!

This to be honest.

Most vets are out to screw as much money out of pet owners as they can, dentists etc are much the same

Jayne Callow and her practise are the only vets on the Island who still do their thing without fleecing the owners at the same time.

This bloke comes over here to a government posting (did he even practise on the Island??) and we get this propaganda?

Each and every day leads me to the conclusion that it is time for a good old Government overthrow :P

(Who knew a story about a vet would spark this) :P

Jayne Callow and her practise are the only vets on the Island who still do their thing without fleecing the owners at the same time.

I can't say sadly, but I would really love a Range Rover Vogue. But I married a vet how only has her animals at heart. I posted (roughly a year ago) about setting up our own practice and where do we start. Well many many thousands of pounds later we're still no better off. We looked at a property in very early March. Had the full drawings done by our architect, put in the planning permission. Just to be refused on the property we really wanted last week.

Back to Square one then for us. Trying though. Essex needs a vet like Jane Callow instead of all the huge huge companies that only see clients as an Average Transaction Value.

This to be honest.

Most vets are out to screw as much money out of pet owners as they can, dentists etc are much the same

Missed this out in my last post - no they're not (mostly).

If where you are is anything like where I live and it's just four major companies that buy out vet practices at 4 times the going rate just to buy turf. The vets are bollocksed. If they don't run all the stupid tests the big companies (MediVet, Bestfriends to name but two) insist you do as part of their "Family practice and to ensure a thorough check on your beloved pet". They have some chinless wonder of an ACCOUNTANT telling them what to do.

Makes my bits itch!

But not as much as my wife's bits itch when she has a 'Colleage' from Head Office telling her how to do her job.

Thankfully she's a mardi one and tells chinless accountant to fuck off!

The man who helped steer the Isle of Man through the foot-and-mouth crisis

One question I would like to be answered straight, yes or no:

Were any animals killed and buried on the Isle of Man during the foot-and-mouth crisis.

The man who helped steer the Isle of Man through the foot-and-mouth crisis

One question I would like to be answered straight, yes or no:

Were any animals killed and buried on the Isle of Man during the foot-and-mouth crisis.

yes

Maybe I am wrong, but I understood that the official line was that the Isle of Man never had any foot and mouth. We kept it at away.

If cattle were killed and put into a big hole dug somewhere, why wasn't that made public? Although of course I should know the answer to that one as well.

I am sure it was necessary if stuff was done. It's just that I trust few of our leaders in society to deal with secretive matters, and by leaders I do not necessarily mean politicians.

Maybe I am wrong, but I understood that the official line was that the Isle of Man never had any foot and mouth. We kept it at away.

If cattle were killed and put into a big hole dug somewhere, why wasn't that made public? Although of course I should know the answer to that one as well.

I am sure it was necessary if stuff was done. It's just that I trust few of our leaders in society to deal with secretive matters, and by leaders I do not necessarily mean politicians.

it diden,

27 pigs were imported in to the island the day b4 F&M was broke out in the uk,

these pigs had come from the area of the first outbrake, been withen 50miles of first case,

it was decided that it was best to kill these pigs and the rest of the pigs on the farm incase any had been infected,

Northing was done in secret it was never covered up or brushed under the carpert

Cheers. Yeah ok. Sounds reasonable

er, just to make sure that we are on the same track, whereabouts was the hole dug?

Archived