I Hate Jo Whiley

thebees

And Producer with Stax along side the massive likes of Isaac Hayes. This is silly really if we're trying to have an argument about music and they haven't heard of Steve Cropper. No excuses. None!

Well I don't really understand what you are arguing about. It seems -

"I don't know any producers"

"Here's a list"

"But some of them are also musicians"

Wha?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Producer with Stax along side the massive likes of Isaac Hayes. This is silly really if we're trying to have an argument about music and they haven't heard of Steve Cropper. No excuses. None!

Well I don't really understand what you are arguing about. It seems -

"I don't know any producers"

"Here's a list"

"But some of them are also musicians"

Wha?

Yes I know I waffled there apologies. To everyone. Mind all over the shop. Isaac Hayes did a lot more P than M though ;)

Word!

Whatever their secondary skills are, DJs won't be, and will never be a substitute for those who actually created the music in the first place.

And cheese will never be a substitute for champagne.

lol Wicked !!!

Quincy Jones, Eno, Dr Dre, Puff Diddy - known to me foremost as musicians

No they're not! Musicians? Who has been the biggest earning Record PRODUCER for the last ten years (ish)?

Dr Dre

P Doddy a close second

Quincy - you know full well he's much more famous for his record producing than his musician skills. Name five tracks that were bigger hits for Quincy Jones as a Musician than he was known as a Producer!

Brian Eno Musician - pfftttt! You're just trying to start an argument for the sake of it now!

Streve Cropper - who the fuck is he? I hope you're taking the piss now.

P Diddy is an amazing producer as is Dre, Timbaland, Neyo, Kanye West, etc etc, all great RnB Artists that all so hapen to produce

DJs are very good at playing records.

Oh... and some of them are quite good at inane chatter.

I wish I played records still...

more Cds these days or using a Laptop based player

One of my favourite artists is Chase & Status, they are a pair of producers, and as far as I am aware, they don't play any instruments on their records.

Chase & Status do perform live though, so I'm sure they can play the odd instrument while producing.

Can we all agree that Mark Ronson is a cunt though?

Seconded. Oh look at me taking other peoples songs and putting a bit of a cuban/latino twist to them aren't I good . Smug twat ! He has one of those faces that you really wouldn't get bored punching.

Thirded. an utter ballbag if ever I met one.

Pharrell Williams is however an excellant musician and producer.

So is Butch Vigg

Why do you say that? I don't even really like much pop music anymore and yet it seems to me that he is one very few people who has actually been interesting these past few years.*

And his East Village radio show (Authentic Shit), which doesn't seem to be on lately, was often excellent. All sorts of fantastic stuff on that show years before anyone else was playing it.

* as a radio presenter choosing what music to play I mean. Especially.

Chatter chatter chatter chatter, I'm John Peel, I'm John Peel, I'm John Peel, I'm so into music, I'm so into music - and most of the stuff she says is utter rubbbish and factually incorrect. For example, Madness are making a come back this year, I seem to recall them being fucking huge 2 years ago.

Does anyone (over 15) like her?

I doubt anyone on the planet likes her except her own mother!

Archived