I Hate Jo Whiley

thebees

How did the comparison between DJs and musicians suddenly morph into a comparison between producers and musicians? I thought we were having a go at DJs at the beginning of this thread.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronson isnt a twat. The twist he put on the songs is good apart from valerie, and if you listen to his first album, "Here comes the fuzz", he writes and records his own tunes, and gets other 'famous' artists to feature.

And he's stylish.

How did the comparison between DJs and musicians suddenly morph into a comparison between producers and musicians? I thought we were having a go at DJs at the beginning of this thread.

Being a DJ is fun, so what that I play others music, sometimes not to everyones taste.

I entertain and provide a night of musical mistro-ness for the punters off the world !!!!

Quoted from The Grand Father of Manx House circa 1990 ish...lol

Ronson isnt a twat. The twist he put on the songs is good apart from valerie, and if you listen to his first album, "Here comes the fuzz", he writes and records his own tunes, and gets other 'famous' artists to feature.

And he's stylish.

Yeah right, take previously good song, add fashionable singer, add trumpets.

Revolutionary indeed

Nice to see Mark Ronson getting a drubbing on here. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's a smug, ungifted c*nt.

His success is built purely on wealth and connections and now he's in the public eye, he parlays that success into more and more avenues until he's completely fucking ubiquitous, like the Davina McCall of the music industry.

Or a floater that can't be flushed.

As for his re-working of Valerie, it was about as necessary as Phil Collins' cover of You Can't Hurry Love.

Tosser.

I entertain and provide a night of musical mistro-ness for the punters off the world !!!!

Yes. I imagine a chill wind blows through the venue every time you get up.

My wind is more smelly than chilly.. and when it blows, trust me it blows and movement... dont get me started on that !!!! lol

Chatter chatter chatter chatter, I'm John Peel, I'm John Peel, I'm John Peel, I'm so into music, I'm so into music - and most of the stuff she says is utter rubbbish and factually incorrect. For example, Madness are making a come back this year, I seem to recall them being fucking huge 2 years ago.

Does anyone (over 15) like her?

As a long time reader of this site I find the bits I've highlighted extremely ironic.

I cannot speak for all of the MF posters but as it is for me, I'm only into music I like, I can tolerate other music (mostly, the fastest guitar player in the world gave me migraines though) and chatter chatter chatter is what forums are for. I don't know what you are saying, I don't get paid to chat shit nor do I claim to be the mother of all new music, where is the irony? I haven't liked a new band for about 2 years - I love this coffee I've made though.

I cant stand the women that does the grave yard shift on Radio one on a saturday morning, I think her name is Annie Nightingale,

She always reminds me of doing homework on a sunday evening. Longest serving Radio 1 dj now.

She used to receive more fanmail from Poly students than any other group. No idea what that says about either her or Poly students.

Well it was O'level homework when I listened to her. By the time I got to Poly (which I was sad to note had renamed itself as a Uni) she didn't do the request show.

I see Caitlin Moran was dissing Jo Wylie's uncomfortable Glastonbury performance in the Times. And if anyone knows about being gawky and superficial Music Television presenting it's Caitlin Moran.

Archived