Best Sunday Roast Venue

Slim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for the reccomendations, I'll bear them in mind for other weeks. Went to the Hawthorn in the end. Was very good indeed, ace menu for kids, not just the usual crap but a few decent options too. Rest of us all had roasts and it was jolly good. Bit more pricey than the usual pub, but happy enough.

I took the family there about a month ago... The boss was off and her daughter was attempting to run the show. It was probably the worst meal I have ever been offered. There were no potatoes left, or yorkshire puds, or stuffing and the meat was dried to hell. They still expected us to pay £70 for one course for 4 people (including a bottle of wine). There was no room for negotiation apparantly... despite only half the menu being on offer.

We didn't eat it, we didn't pay for it and we won't be going back. I know, that as an institution, it has its die-hard followers.... but I'm not one of them. Not after the last time.

The Marine in Peel takes some beating. Great menu for Adults and Kids (even mini roast dinner portions).

It's always packed out, which is a good sign. Only down side is you can't book, so sometimes there's a wait.

Oh, and you don't need to eat anything for about 24 hours before or after.

I took the family there about a month ago... The boss was off and her daughter was attempting to run the show.  It was probably the worst meal I have ever been offered.  There were no potatoes left, or yorkshire puds, or stuffing and the meat was dried to hell.  They still expected us to pay £70 for one course for 4 people (including a bottle of wine). There was no room for negotiation apparantly... despite only half the menu being on offer.

We didn't eat it, we didn't pay for it and we won't be going back.  I know, that as an institution, it has its die-hard followers.... but I'm not one of them.  Not after the last time.

We had a really bad meal there about a year ago. I AM NOT GOING BACK.

After talking to a woman at work today I will never go to the Hop Garden.

She waited 45 mins (even though they were the first people in the place)

After that it went down hill. Her hubby wanted a steak well done (UUurrggghhh) she wanted hers medium/well.

Both steaks appeared to be the same (they didn't complain)

A person beside them had a gammon steak, this appeared to be tough as old boots (they didn't complain either)

So where is the best place.

I think I may try Chef Peppers place on the quay in Douglas (he always was a good chef)

Archived