Best Sunday Roast Venue

Slim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't Jaks infested with baseball cap wearing tracksuited tossers?

Upstairs gets quite busy when thers football on but generally a OK atmosphere. But as for the resteraunt it's spot on and as I said downstairs not really part of the pub as such although you get downstairs via the main door. Seperate tolilets etc downstairs well worth a try - you may be surprised.

Isn't Jaks infested with baseball cap wearing tracksuited tossers?

Upstairs gets quite busy when thers football on but generally a OK atmosphere. But as for the resteraunt it's spot on and as I said downstairs not really part of the pub as such although you get downstairs via the main door. Seperate tolilets etc downstairs well worth a try - you may be surprised.

I went there on the offchance about two weeks back and really was surprised how nice it is down there, a big contrast to the dull + somky pub upstairs!

The food was reasonable too.

Does Bluewater Bistro still do Sunday roast? I used to think it was excellent there, but I've probably not been for about 6 months.

I thought The Highwayman was nice food but the wait was terrible, we had to wait 40 minutes for our starter then another 20 odd for our main meal.

The Hawthorn is good food, I would recommend that.

The Marine too, I think The Marine would take some beating, longest I have waited there would be about 15 minutes but its well worth it, you get lots of whatever meat you ordered, roast and mash potatos, all kinds of veggies and lashings of gravy. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Marine is the best!!!!

I thought The Highwayman was nice food but the wait was terrible, we had to wait 40 minutes for our starter then another 20 odd for our main meal.

The Hawthorn is good food, I would recommend that.

The Marine too, I think The Marine would take some beating, longest I have waited there would be about 15 minutes but its well worth it, you get lots of whatever meat you ordered, roast and mash potatos, all kinds of veggies and lashings of gravy. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Marine is the best!!!!

I must add, the Old Bailey is really good, we have been there quite a few times, and on a sunday, no arseholes present on my visits, not yet anyway

Archived