[BBC News] Fight injured man needed surgery

Newsbot

I remember when the peel lads used to get together on the bus to go off for a 'rumble' against the Douglas lads. Or I may have dreamed it.

arr the last bus back through Pully... nope it was not a dream .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember when the peel lads used to get together on the bus to go off for a 'rumble' against the Douglas lads. Or I may have dreamed it.

Who usually won?

The coppers...lol

nahh i was more into me rollerskating and swimming/diving at the aquadrome than scraping, just remember them all getting on the last bus home and when the bus went through pully it would get pelted with stones..

Who usually won?

The coppers...lol

nahh i was more into me rollerskating and swimming/diving at the aquadrome than scraping, just remember them all getting on the last bus home and when the bus went through pully it would get pelted with stones..

Were these battles formal?

Did each side have standard bearers proudly waving the flag?

'We're done for lads, the day is lost, save the colours and retreat to Peel'

Fortunately this sort of thing is rare on the Isle of Man, that is whenever there is no 'r' in the month or 'y' in the day of the week.

It was very rare until the place became full of "comeovers"

If it weren't for "comeovers" we'd all be related.

LOL at keyboarder's comment.

Edited to add - don't know why I posted this, it doesn't really add to the chit chat or anything. I must be an egomaniac or something.

Foxdale

Quite possibly, but I was thinking more Ramsey and the north (although I'm not gonna be popular now - oh well, you can't miss what you never had LOL).

Ah, Peel boys getting a bus through Pulrose. I imagine that's a bit like those coach tours through residential Beverly Hills.

hahaha

Who usually won?

The coppers...lol

Were these battles formal?

Did each side have standard bearers proudly waving the flag?

'We're done for lads, the day is lost, save the colours and retreat to Peel'

Seems like its gone full circle..

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Witnesses-s...side.5411379.jp

It is thought the group got off the last bus from Douglas to Ramsey prior to the fight taking place.

Make a good film title that - 'Last bus from Douglas.'

Sort of post apocalyptic Mad Manx storyline.

Quick someone phone Zac Efron!

We need a local mythbusters agency.

I know people who insist that in the 1970s there were running battles between Douglas lads and locals in the streets of Castletown. Growing up in the area I told the person, who had heard it from her sister, that she was talking shite. Next time she told the story in my presence it got changed to "I remember seeing it myself, I was there".

Whereas I am sure there were scenes of violence and rivalry between youths and any neighbouring village or towns I think it is about time this old myth between running battles in the streets between [enter Manx village/town here] and [enter Manx village/town here] needs resolving.

Archived