Ryanair - Online Check-in Fee

manshimajin

Are people really this stupid? If you don't like the airline then don't fly with them. It's the biggest airline in the world so people must be satisfied. I agree that the online checkin fee is a bit of a cheek but I like how they separate the ticket price from the taxes and other fees as they clearly show where your money is going. Fees and taxes vary because airports charge different landing fees (small privately owned airports are usually cheaper but big airports or state-owned ones are more expensive). Some airports also vary their fees depending on time of day which is why early morning and late evening flights are usually cheaper. The Internet has given ordinary people the power to decide how and when to fly rather than rely on a travel agent who often has no idea and takes his/her commission too.

RyanAir is good because problems are rare, they are frequently ontime unlike other major airlines (they depend on being ontime because of short turn-around times), they are fully automated so no more arriving 2 hours early to join a long checkin line and they have no 1st class or business class full of assholes who seem to think that a large seat, a glass of wine or free blowjob will make a big difference to a 2 hour flight. Bad things about RyanAir are that if you are delayed (I mean you, not the flight) then don't accept them to go out of their way for you.

RyanAir... are frequently ontime unlike other major airlines (they depend on being ontime because of short turn-around times)

They're 'on time' because they state an arrival time far later than necessary. Seemple.

rsz_nikita_commando.jpg

RyanAir is good because... they have no 1st class or business class full of assholes who seem to think that a large seat, a glass of wine or free blowjob will make a big difference to a 2 hour flight.

Unlike ?

Bad things about RyanAir are that if you are delayed (I mean you, not the flight) then don't accept them to go out of their way for you.

Just like Flybe, then?

Are people really this stupid?

Bad things about RyanAir are that if you are delayed (I mean you, not the flight) then don't accept them to go out of their way for you.

Are you really that stupid?

Yes, accept that if you pay a cheap price you won't get champagne etc. But don't accept that if you are cancelled (not delayed), (not you, I mean Ryanair) they won't give a fuck about you. They,ve already got your money and you have to jump through God knows how many hoops to get it back.

It's enough to give even BellyUp nightmares.

Having been part of the O'Leary travelling (or rather not travelling experience).,I'm not a violent man but would quite happily punch him in the chops

If you're flight is canceled then they'll book you onto the next 'available' flight. They won't, however, shower you with coupons for Burger King and give you a night at the hotel airport. Big airlines will do this but that's why their fares are so high because they take into account regular problems and the costs of accommodating their passengers in an over-priced Holiday Inn. If you missed your train home (or if it were canceled for 'works') from London to Glasgow would you expect the train company to put you up for the night? Maybe people's expectations on the Isle of Man are too high.

If you're flight is canceled then they'll book you onto the next 'available' flight. They won't, however, shower you with coupons for Burger King and give you a night at the hotel airport. Big airlines will do this but that's why their fares are so high because they take into account regular problems and the costs of accommodating their passengers in an over-priced Holiday Inn. If you missed your train home (or if it were canceled for 'works') from London to Glasgow would you expect the train company to put you up for the night? Maybe people's expectations on the Isle of Man are too high.

Is it too high an expectation for an explanation of why your flight was cancelled, whether you are from the Isle of Man, Edinburgh, Berlin or Paris?'. i never got one

Is it too much to expect an apology in those circumstances? Or expect a refund without having to go round and round in circles being pushed from pillar to post?.

Why are you such an apologist for this shower? Yes they are low-cost so you don't expect luxury but surely they are obliged to offer a base level of service, not "Oh but you only paid £50 for the flight (which never flew) so fuck off cheapskate"

I am not sure why I am feeding the troll as why I will accept that if you get a cheap flight with Ryan Air and the flight is on time etc then Ryan Air give you a good deal. However in terms of customer service Ryan Air has a repuation for appalling customer service which is probably fairly derseved. http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm Why this is obviously going to attract the disaffected it is startling to note that the reviews are generally far worse that the likes of Flybe and Easy Jet have received across the board.

In respect of the points you raise above they do have a reputation for not providing refreshments etc if there are delays unlike other airlines. However to do so is to break EU law with regard to passenger rights. You appear to condone this.

With regard to trains in the UK refunds are covered under the individual companies passenger charters.

Just to make it clear before I get the obvious reply my views relate to delays and cancellations that arise outside the passengers control and responsibility. If as a passenger you miss a flight, want to change your booking then unfortunately whilst the costs may not be palatable then we have to accept what is coming as they are set out when we book.

I wasn't intending to be trollish and I agree that RA's customer service is on a par with old-style supermarkets of the former Warsaw pact countries. I suppose that as I have never had any problems with RA then I am more able to defend them and I have used them around 50 times in the past 5 years or so. Plus as everyone seems to like slagging of RA this thread would be pretty boring if everybody just agreed with the original poster.

I wasn't intending to be trollish and I agree that RA's customer service is on a par with old-style supermarkets of the former Warsaw pact countries. I suppose that as I have never had any problems with RA then I am more able to defend them and I have used them around 50 times in the past 5 years or so. Plus as everyone seems to like slagging of RA this thread would be pretty boring if everybody just agreed with the original poster.

Fair enough, you've had good experiences (or at least no problems) with them.

They treated me like shit

Our perceptions are bound to differ

Archived