[BBC News] Show plans reviewed for 2010 TT

Newsbot

FFS how many times can the BBC report the same piece of news, yes the free entertainment was shit but you get what you pay for. Will they improve it next year? Probably. Will this be the last story about it? Not if the BBC has their way.

Taken from the BBC story:

The feedback from an organised survey is now being considered.

what organised survey????!!!

Nobody asked me my opinion, one piece of feedback I'd like to give was that I actually prefered the red arrows show being put back to 8.30 as it gave me time to get home, get changed and get down to the bay to watch it.... just me then...

:huh:

yes the free entertainment was shit but you get what you pay for.

It wasn't free- it cost the Manx taxpayers a fucking packet. If they are going to spend that much, at the very least they could do some research and put on shows that people want to see.

yes the free entertainment was shit but you get what you pay for.

It wasn't free- it cost the Manx taxpayers a fucking packet. If they are going to spend that much, at the very least they could do some research and put on shows that people want to see.

I knew that would come up, ok then free to the end user/visitor.

On an other note how dare the Government try and centre the entertainment around the Villa that we spent millions renovating. It should be left unused so it never needs renovations again! I personally think they should move the beer tent to that area, like during the centenary, and have some decent stunt shows across the front where the is much better visibility everything can be centralised, and they can get people into the Villa.

Can the beer tent be moved or is it like the Tower of London and the Ravens?

Move the beer tent and Douglas crumbles into the sea.......

To centralise the entertainment, so everyone is in one place, so you don’t feel like your getting pissed in a car park like a tramp, so you can get a nice long run of prom for stunt shows, strippers, bicycle riding monkeys, what ever they want to bring over, so you can come out of the villa after watching an over priced crap show and only need to cross the road to get some over priced crap beer.

Among other more practical reasons like it would be easier to police and clean up if all events and attractions are together.

To centralise the entertainment, so everyone is in one place, so you don’t feel like your getting pissed in a car park like a tramp, so you can get a nice long run of prom for stunt shows, strippers, bicycle riding monkeys, what ever they want to bring over, so you can come out of the villa after watching an over priced crap show and only need to cross the road to get some over priced crap beer.

Among other more practical reasons like it would be easier to police and clean up if all events and attractions are together.

Didn't they have a beer tent facing the villa marina during the centinary year?

oh, good point about the strippers - whatever happened to the bike shed girls?

Archived