Rtc Nunnery / Old Castletown Road

Amadeus

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A snapper called Frank got a shot too:

At the risk out outing Amadeus - it's the same person

Damn it, the cover is blown - to the escape pod, quick! :)

RTC08.jpg

RTC09.jpg

RTC11.jpg

I like Amadeus, he's a really cool ghoul guy. Anyone else notice that whenever there's an accident, Amadeus appears like the shopkeeper in Mr Benn.. "As if by magic, the German guy with the camera appeared..." That's one of the reasons I like him so much. In fact I think that he's just become my new best friend. (I'm not going to tell him what type of car I drive or anything though :sweat: )

I wonder what's gone on at the s-bend just after blackboards as you head towards Douglas then?

It was previously unrestricted but with anti-skid tarmac, and now they've replaced the anti-skid stuff with your standard tarmac and stuck a 50mph limit in there for all of a couple of hundred yards in the middle of an unrestricted bit.

The DOT have deployed an Anti-biker surface. Seems to be working.

Awooga..

It can depend why you took the photo and what you intend to use it for. Are you saying you haven't seen any video or photos of the police since February?

http://www.urban75.org/photos/photographer...law.html#police

"UPDATE: 1st APRIL 2009. Parliamentary discussion

When questioned about the ramifications of section 58A of the Terrorism Act 2000 (which was inserted by section 76 of the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008, the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (Mr. Shahid Malik) said

"I want to be clear about this: the offence does not capture an innocent tourist taking a photograph of a police officer, or a journalist photographing police officers as part of his or her job. It does not criminalise the normal taking of photographs of the police. Police officers have the discretion to ask people not to take photographs for public safety or security reasons, but the taking of photographs in a public place is not subject to any rule or statute.

There are no legal restrictions on photography in a public place, and there is no presumption of privacy for individuals in a public place.

My hon. Friend the Minister for Security, Counter-Terrorism, Crime and Policing has said that we will issue all police officers and forces with a circular on the new offence. It will set out the policy intentions behind the offence and make it clear that it does not criminalise legitimate photographic or journalistic activity. The circular will be discussed with interested parties before it is issued."

It can depend why you took the photo and what you intend to use it for. Are you saying you haven't seen any video or photos of the police since February?

No, of course I'm not, I've seen photos of the police on here you foolish old git.

So now it is illegal, but depends on where you are and who is doing the policing, but again that is the UK, what about the IOM?

The police would rather prefer that you did not take photos of them kicking shit out of a guy, innocently walking past a protest, or something. Stuff like that.

So now it is illegal,

No, be default it's not

From your own quote

On the day that it becomes illegal to take pictures of police engaged in counter-terrorist operations

I don't think a RTC, in Amadeus' example, is a counter-terrorist operations

what about the IOM?

It's not illegal here either. If it was do you think a board moderator would break the law by posting illegal photos on the board? Do you think IOM Newspapers and Manx Radio would also deliberately break the law by also publishing them?

I wonder what's gone on at the s-bend just after blackboards as you head towards Douglas then?

It was previously unrestricted but with anti-skid tarmac, and now they've replaced the anti-skid stuff with your standard tarmac and stuck a 50mph limit in there for all of a couple of hundred yards in the middle of an unrestricted bit.

The DOT have deployed an Anti-biker surface. Seems to be working.

Awooga..

It will come as a surprise to the Island if anything deployed by the DoT is working.

Archived