After Nulabour

angelo

Now that the British Government is abandoning its SATS and its numeracy and literacy hours will the IOM now abandon its slavish emulations of these totally unnecessary policies ?

Bring back the 11+.

FWIW as a kid at Albert Road we had exams twice a year, never did us any harm, we all ended up very intelligent and good-looking and literate and stuff.

No, instead Pam Kerruish will centralise power and get rid of any semblance of parent input to put her committee of friends in charge. They will do exactly as they are told on pain of a french kiss from said pammy.

The argument put forward by the previous poster is bollocks.

The 1 1/2 hr '11+ wasa just a way to prepare the favourite kids for the terst and ensure they didn't have to mix with the hoi polloi at a comp.

No, instead Pam Kerruish will centralise power and get rid of any semblance of parent input to put her committee of friends in charge. They will do exactly as they are told on pain of a french kiss from said pammy.

The 1 1/2 hr '11+ wasa just a way to prepare the favourite kids for the terst and ensure they didn't have to mix with the hoi polloi at a comp.

You don't need a 'the' before hoi polloi.

All Manx schools are comprehensive and always have been. The only way of avoiding mixing with the oi polloi is to pay through the nose to leave your kids' education in the hands of an 'independent school', or opt for home teaching. SATS tests have been dropped here already haven't they?

I also had those twice yearly tests in Albert Road. I was the oldest in the class, so I was always first or second, but it was demoralizing for the kids who didn't do so well.

I also had those twice yearly tests in Albert Road. I was the oldest in the class, so I was always first or second, but it was demoralizing for the kids who didn't do so well.

I think you must be me then, don't remember anyone being demoralised, had better things to get on with.

You don't need a 'the' before hoi polloi.

Only a real elitist would know that hoi is the Ancient Greek definite article plural in the nominitive, and be pedantic enough to rail against popular usage by insisting that it makes the definite article in English superfluous - on an internet forum!

What kind of anarchist are you? Come the revolution its the guillotine for you boy.

Only a real elitist would know that hoi is the Ancient Greek definite article plural in the nominitive, and be pedantic enough to rail against popular usage by insisting that it makes the definite article in English superfluous - on an internet forum!

What kind of anarchist are you? Come the revolution its the guillotine for you boy.

Well...you have a point. Does this mean I am not one of hoi polloi? It is pedantic, sorry Jehovah.

No, instead Pam Kerruish will centralise power and get rid of any semblance of parent input to put her committee of friends in charge.

Who the heck is Pam Kerruish and what has she got to do with any damn thing???

No, instead Pam Kerruish will centralise power and get rid of any semblance of parent input to put her committee of friends in charge.

Who the heck is Pam Kerruish and what has she got to do with any damn thing???

Pam Craine nee Kerruish, the current education minister.

She's on Charlie's daughters.

Now that the British Government is abandoning its SATS and its numeracy and literacy hours will the IOM now abandon its slavish emulations of these totally unnecessary policies ?

Your use of "NuLabour" clearly draws attention to the fact that you must be a Daily Mail reader so who cares really.

Well...you have a point. Does this mean I am not one of hoi polloi? It is pedantic, sorry Jehovah.

"not one of hoi polloi" are you sure.

Apology accepted.

I know that facts have no rightful place here, but SATS were dropped on the Island some years ago.

"not one of hoi polloi" are you sure.

Apology accepted.

Well it would mean not one of the masses or common people. Why do you think it is incorrect, Freggyragh WILL know!

Archived