New Aston Martin City Car Spotted

That is hideous.

Surely that is a joke - mind you I can imagine Clarkson driving one. It would suit him.

Surely that is a joke - mind you I can imagine Clarkson driving one. It would suit him.

Oh goodness me it isn't a joke after all!

Aston Martin Announcement

Personally I'd rather get one of these:

Morgan_LIFEcar.jpg

...and its made by the largest British owned car company not a Kuwaiti investment company!

It looks similar to another car that is already quite widespread, can't think of it though.

It looks similar to another car that is already quite widespread, can't think of it though.

There's a hint in the second paragraph ;)

Named the Cygnet, the Aston Martin-branded city car is not all new, but heavily based on the recent Toyota iQ.

edit:

...and its made by the largest British owned car company not a Kuwaiti investment company!

The car part is owned by Volkswagen, it's the other aerospace/etc division that's still british owned.

That is hideous.

As I understand it, it isn't a joke. Its about offsetting emissions. The idea is spend £200k on your Vanquish and you get one of these £20k cars free so that you can use this in town and your 6 litre V12 for fun - that way AM can meet its EU emissions targets by offsetting.

Apparently when it was owned by Ford every gas guzzling AM sale was offet against the Ford Ka's or Fiesta's that were sold elsewhere in the group.

I think its a cool idea because if your driving a Cygnet around everyone knows you've got the real deal safely tucked away in your garage.

Plus the Toyota IQ is a great car anyway.

The car part is owned by Volkswagen, it's the other aerospace/etc division that's still british owned.

My understanding was that Aston Martin was purchased by a joint venture company, co-owned by Investment Dar, Adeem Investment both of Kuwait and an English businessman John Sinders.

VW own Bentley and BMW own Rolls Royce.

Could it be this one?

Morgan_Aero_8.jpg

Archived