Nutcase On Mountain Road

Matt Bawden

Whilst in a white 4WD and hire van driving from Douglas to Ramsey over the mountain road on Tuesday 30th June 2009 at approx. 9.30 in the morning, my colleague and I observed the 20mph speed limit at the verandah four bends and the start of the mountain mile, this seemed to irk the black Lexus driver behind us somewhat and she desperately wanted to overtake but those damn cars coming the other way and blind bends prevented her doing so successfully.

We then left the 20mph limit and entered the 50mph limit, we accelerated to approx. 45mph and she seemed to be happy travelling at 30mph ish, then from out of what seemed nowhere the red mist descended upon her and she became Mad Max and overtook and then cut in front of me, but she forgot to take the considerable length of the vehicle into consideration (or she intended) and hit the drivers side front wing and drivers front wheel on our van, I had to take drastic measures when we felt and heard the almighty bang so as not to go off the edge of the mountain, whereas the Mad Max impersonator sped up and drove off with her chassis contorting this way and that, she managed to keep it on the road, feck knows how!!!....and we stopped to get our S**t together and inspect the damage before proceeding to Ramsey police station to report the incident, complete with registration...so if you are her reading this, it's only a matter of time before you get a knock at the door lady!!

Now, I am by no means a driving angel, but this person needs educating one way or another and will be the cause of a potential death.....there were two cars driving up the mountain mile from Ramsey to Douglas at this time, if anyone reading this was one of those drivers can they please contact Ramsey Police station. Many thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
she forgot to take the considerable length of the vehicle into consideration (or she intended) and hit the drivers side front wing and drivers front wheel on our van, I had to take drastic measures when we felt and heard the almighty bang so as not to go off the edge of the mountain, whereas the Mad Max impersonator sped up and drove off with her chassis contorting this way and that, she managed to keep it on the road, feck knows how!!!....and we stopped to get our S**t together and inspect the damage before proceeding to Ramsey police station to report the incident, complete with registration...so if you are her reading this, it's only a matter of time before you get a knock at the door lady!!

Now, I am by no means a driving angel, but this person needs educating one way or another and will be the cause of a potential death.....there were two cars driving up the mountain mile from Ramsey to Douglas at this time, if anyone reading this was one of those drivers can they please contact Ramsey Police station. Many thanks.

Matt, well done. She is probably is one of those people who think her Lexus is not just a cleverly export badged Toyota but something others should move aside for.

Failure to stop is a cowardly and serious offence. Goodness knows what damage or injury she might have done. Running away is not the answer. Reporting her to the Police for them to follow up is 110% the right thing to do as she needs to be off the road - apart from which you are covering yourself for insurance purposes too.

Glad you weren't hurt.

PS: The damage on her car will match the damage and body paint on your van - just make sure the Police check this out.

PPS: If no other drivers show up, the fact that she failed to stop (or presumably report the accident) is a pretty good indicator of guilt! If you think you are in the right you STOP!!!!

I ain't no grass.

Er, i am when pricks like that put other lives (possibly a childs) at risk.

Good for you Matt, you know you did the right thing.

And of course, glad you and your passenger were not hurt.

She's most likely crapping her knickers as I type....can't be that many black Lexus's with a female driver on the island..

I know of a women with a black Lexus, who is also a really bad driver, probably a coincidence!

Will check out her wing mirror later on my way into town.

It's ridiculous how people are ignoring those speed limits they've got up there at the minute - the length of the 50mph zone may be excessive but it's there so stick to it.

I've been up there on the motorbike and I'm passing people in the unrestricted but then getting to the reduced limit and having bellends that I overtook practically touching my rear wheel once I've slowed down for the restrictions. Slow the fuck down you morons, show some respect for your fellow road users.

Hope they catch this woman by the way, and I realise my story is only vaguely related to your story!

It's ridiculous how people are ignoring those speed limits they've got up there at the minute - the length of the 50mph zone may be excessive but it's there so stick to it.

I've been up there on the motorbike and I'm passing people in the unrestricted but then getting to the reduced limit and having bellends that I overtook practically touching my rear wheel once I've slowed down for the restrictions. Slow the fuck down you morons, show some respect for your fellow road users.

Hope they catch this woman by the way, and I realise my story is only vaguely related to your story!

I had the same at Bishopscourt last weekend - road being resurfaced, 20 mph signs, no overtaking signs and I was overtaken at about 50 mph by a woman in a mercedes chelsea tractor. Luckily no stone chip damage to my car - well done dear, you should have gone to specsavers!!!

glad you are ok! Much the same thing happened a few years ago to my cousins boyfriend and father, only they got pushed over the edge by a lunatic woman driver trying to get to Ramsey in a hurry so as not to have to park far from work! She had been needling other drivers all the way and overtaking dangerously. Are all these bad drivers in such a hurry to die??? I want to be late for my funeral!!!! I say give em a chill pill and a morris minor to drive, that should sort out the speed freaks.

PS: The damage on her car will match the damage and body paint on your van - just make sure the Police check this out.

You'd hope so, but it didn't work out that way for me. Was hit by a hit and run by an uninsured driver, I knew the name of the driver and the car was found with my paintwork still on it, but the police still didn't consider it conclusive enough. Bloody frustrating, had to pay for the repair myself.

I ain't no grass.

Surely it's only crims who live by this ridiculous mantra?

Where are all the unmarked police cars and bikes ,and the dozens of speedguns when you need them. if it is 50mph and 20 mph for the moment book the prats, fine them and ban them from driving for a month :angry:

w

Archived