Nutcase On Mountain Road

Matt Bawden

believe me - I've been called a lot worse in my line of work :D

Most people who know me past a couple of emails call me Del. It also helps the national shortage of R's and K's.

'Del boy' on the other hand brings a whole new meaning to it

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he only advice I can give with regard to speed limits and other vehicles 'pushing' you, is; who is the first in the line when you come round the corner to be met by Constable Skywalker with his trusty laser?

i'll get my coat :)

Han Solo used a laser but Skywalker prefered a sabre: "Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age"

Had a 'pusher' last night, white evo on the mountain, right up my chuff through the double whites. Annoying.

Had a 'pusher' last night, white evo on the mountain, right up my chuff through the double whites. Annoying.

But think how more annoying it is for them when you start slowing down :), most people learn from me the closer they get the slower I go, they soon learn to back off, failing that they can freely overtake at anytime.

But think how more annoying it is for them when you start slowing down :), most people learn from me the closer they get the slower I go, they soon learn to back off, failing that they can freely overtake at anytime.

Sure, but despite how I'm received on here, I don't go out of my way to wind people up. I try to just ignore em and carry on as I am.

he only advice I can give with regard to speed limits and other vehicles 'pushing' you, is; who is the first in the line when you come round the corner to be met by Constable Skywalker with his trusty laser?

Very sensible...but some drivers seem to be getting more and more aggressive with BOFs like me who stick to speed limits. Hopefully Constable Skywalker will put down his laser, pull me from the wreck and call the ambulance...

People worry far too much about what's going on behind them which often leads to not concentrating on what's going on in front (you know, the direction you're actually travelling).

Whoosh of air-brakes, squeal of discs, hooting of airhorns... yes it tends to get my attention to what is going on with that 40 tonnes of momentum bearing down on my boot...

Whenever possible I do what you do and slow down but this has also resulted in some very aggressive driver actions - overtaking and cutting in sharp etc..maybe a call to Constable Skywalker in Ramsey is called for.

As I unfortunately know cars going off road are lethal.

Very sensible...but some drivers seem to be getting more and more aggressive with BOFs like me who stick to speed limits. Hopefully Constable Skywalker will put down his laser, pull me from the wreck and call the ambulance...

I'm yet to see constable skywalker, he must either have lots of holidays or just be in different parts of the Island to me at any given time. Oh I do see him monitoring the areas of no speed limits to which I'm yet to work out but I'm sure the sea view is lovely......

it's not restricted to the mountain road, Peel Road tonight by Hills Meadow, I adopt the right lane at 30mph, Mr. Eyequezero takes his little grey buzz-box into the left lane, accelerates to about 50mph and as soon as he's past me moves into the right lane in front of me, then reveals he only has one brake light when he gets to the queue at the Pully Bridge lights.

Archived