The Isle Of Man Is Annoying Me Today

Beckett

I'm having one of those days where everything about the place annoys me!

The roads (well apart from the ones that are part of the TT course) the sh*t Dandara is permitted to throw up (what the hell happened to Douglas Prom?!), Tynwald, MHKs, the so called Isle of Man Press. It really is enough to make me pack up and get a boat in the morning.

Hardly the most relaxing way to spend a Sunday! Maybe its time I set up an anti-Isle of Man blog to vent my anger!

I've decided I'm writing three letters today following my own advice of 'if you don't tell them, they don't know'

1) To Douglas Council/MHKs about building on Douglas Golf Course, I for one don't mind, so long as it is done RIGHT. e.g. it has a PARK, tress, gardens and is generally a well designed public place (not a cram as many is as cheaply as we can!). Most importantly that Dandara aren't allowed to throw up crap up only for us to end up with another Anagh Coar 5 years down the line!

2) To the DoT and my MHK about the road between Higher and Lower Foxdale, I think I'm bound to have some sort of accident there in the next six months be it from the total lack of road markings or the continued erosion of the side of the road!

3) To the DoTL, re: Summerland. Get the monstrosity pulled down and something decent thrown up. I'm going to enlighten them about 'The Gate' in Newcastle, a great place. As a tax payer I wouldn’t mind funding a trip for Mr Cretney to have a nosey! Multiplex cinema, amazingly cool design, restaurants, bars. Oh how I wish we had something half a good!

Has anyone come across BBC iCan? Looks like it could be interesting. Which reminds me, I must get back to the BBC on my compliant re: lack of services and coverage for the Island. Maybe I’ll write 4 letters today.

Beckett Wrote

It really is enough to make me pack up and get a boat in the morning.

You might as well just pack up and get the boat as no one will take any notice of your letters. :(

1) To Douglas Council/MHKs about building on Douglas Golf Course, I for one don't mind, so long as it is done RIGHT. e.g. it has a PARK, tress, gardens and is generally a well designed public place (not a cram as many is as cheaply as we can!). Most importantly that Dandara aren't allowed to throw up crap up only for us to end up with another Anagh Coar 5 years down the line!

If people didn't buy inferior quality houses, they wouldn't build them. We live in a free market, if its no good, don't buy it.

3) To the DoTL, re: Summerland. Get the monstrosity pulled down and something decent thrown up. I'm going to enlighten them about 'The Gate' in Newcastle, a great place. As a tax payer I wouldn’t mind funding a trip for Mr Cretney to have a nosey! Multiplex cinema, amazingly cool design, restaurants, bars. Oh how I wish we had something half a good!

It's all money again innit. We're not big enough to support a large multiplex, half the time our crappy two screen is empty. If you think differently, you invest your own money into it :)

You not had much luck in the past WilDDog?

When it comes to Government Departments, the term pass the buck springs to mind and eventually it gets passed that much it gets forgotten about.

On the topic of things to do.

I know, I know, build a snowdome like this one http://www.snowdome.co.uk/

or a multiplex like this one, http://www.xscape.co.uk/

I know, so annoying isn't it!

We had a family saga last year with the DoT and DAFF. DAFF wouldn't 'enforce' the law on the DoT. VERY frustrating.

Someone at the DoT going on and on at my Dad about how doesn't have time to be responding to people's letters!!

As far as I'm concered the Isle of Man Government need to hire an international consultancy firm to come in to overhaul and join-up the way the Island's Government works. It's corrupt and backwards and really needs to start working towards some international quality standards.

If a Government can't even respond to a letter, how can we, the people, trust it to run the Island? :angry:

Here matey.. have a look here.

http://www.steam-packet.com/SeaCat/RedHotDeals/homepage.aspx

Book your ticket and go.. :D And while you're at it, book this geezer (following link) a ticket as well. He needs to go back to the UK so he can talk to people who give a sh i t... He seems short of cash..

http://www.iomonline.co.uk/ViewArticle2.as...rticleID=939557

:lol::lol:

Archived