2 Police Dogs Die In Police Van

Gilligan

Dad just told me. No official sources yet, I'm sure someone can help with that though.

He says they are going to get prosecuted, "I should fucking well think so too" Daddy Gilligan said.

Reminder: Don't keep your dogs in your car for even short periods of time, they can get extremely hot, and could actually melt, then you'll be left with a sloppy sticky mess to clean up. Leave them at home where it is a lot cooler. This advice is more important atm because we're meant to be having a heatwave.

that is absolutely disgusting, the police force involved should be banned from keeping dogs for that, certainly the officer responsible should be back on the beat or dismissed for gross misconduct

We had our two away this last week and had all sorts of devices to keep them cool in the car, a device to keep the tailgate partly open, grilles for the windows, fans to blow air in, reflector sheet for the windscreen and parking in the shade, so what's hard about that, if I can do it why can't the police ?

that is absolutely disgusting, the police force involved should be banned from keeping dogs for that, certainly the officer responsible should be back on the beat or dismissed for gross misconduct

We had our two away this last week and had all sorts of devices to keep them cool in the car, a device to keep the tailgate partly open, grilles for the windows, fans to blow air in, reflector sheet for the windscreen and parking in the shade, so what's hard about that, if I can do it why can't the police ?

why dont you take them out of the car?

I'm not a fan of dogs but leaving them in the car is a bad thing to do regardles of parifanailia fitted.

I agree in general but the actual circumstances need to be looked at in what was obviously a tragic accident and not deliberate cruelty. From reports it may have been less than quarter of an hour.

The ones in cases like these that get my goat are the RSPCA who I heard all over the news yesterday going on about how they were going to investigate, question those involved, review post mortem reports with the intention that they would consider prosecting as if they were some official body. Er no, they are a charity which has the same rights as you and I do on such matters although they like to conveniently forget this and act as though they almost have police powers.

Sorry I have a real bugbear over the RSPCA and there general behaviour and no it is not because I have ever had any problems with them or any other body with regard to keeping animals.

why dont you take them out of the car?

I'm not a fan of dogs but leaving them in the car is a bad thing to do regardles of parifanailia fitted.

ok, well that's just it really, you either like dogs or not. If you think that they are members of your family you have to treat them as your children as they are totally dependant on you, what would you do with your children ? - you'd take them with you into places, but when that is not an option you make alternative arrangements. Do you go on holiday without your children or book tham into a children's home ?

let me just ask which supermarkets allow you to take dogs in with you ?

and there's a limited number of restaurants which have outside eating areas (assuming it's not raining), should I just leave them tied to the bumper and come back to find 2 missing dogs ? I suppose I could have just left the engine running with the airconditioning on and locked up with the spare keys but mr. plod would probably have something to say about that (how very ironic in the circumstances)

we did put them to kennels once, in for 10 days, got charged for 11 as you couldn't collect them 'til after 4pm, they hadn't been brushed or combed, took over 2 hours of grooming when we got them home and took 2 weeks for them to settle down again, hence now where we go the dogs go, and there's some very nice places we have stayed who welcome dogs, Holiday Inns, Hiltons, Hoseasons etc., many places put doggy-waterbowls outside their premises, something you don't tend to see around Douglas :(

the other day we stopped for a cup of tea at a cafe with outside tables and the waitress who brought the tray told us there was a dog bowl just nearby so are very dog-friendly, there are a lot of people with dogs and it's an easy way to attract more custom by making a few minor provisions for them.

regarding the so-called parifanailia, it is really very simple, stick on shading for 2 windows, concertina refecting screen for windscreen, 2 criss-cross grilles for rear windows, a screw-on latch extending thing for the tailgate lock which allows it to be locked partly open, 3 old computer muffin fans hooked onto one of the grilles and powered by a sepearate 7ah alarm battery, not really as much parifanailia as needed for even one screaming brat ! - at least dogs will walk everywhere you want to go :)

Archived