Gay Sex Decriminalised In India

mioot

A court in the Indian capital, Delhi, has ruled that homosexual intercourse between consenting adults is not a criminal act.The ruling overturns a 148-year-old colonial law which describes a same-sex relationship as an "unnatural offence". Homosexual acts were punishable by a 10-year prison sentence.

Many people in India regard same-sex relationships as illegitimate. Rights groups have long argued that the law contravened human rights.

There - that should annoy LDV, Lao, Chinahand and Co.

:D

i do respect your opinion, well i respect free speech and therefore feel you are entitled both to your opinion and to express it.

but i think you are wrong.

but i would never get annoyed about it, in fact i really enjoyed the debate we were all engaged in.

Oh Dear - the rot spreads around the globe. Just shows how the world is like a box of apples - one bad one spreads the infection throughout the box!

Yeah but you surely must accept that homosexuality is a fact of life. It is simply a case of whether you think people should be punished or not for being themselves and what is 'natural'

Oh Dear - the rot spreads around the globe. Just shows how the world is like a box of apples - one bad one spreads the infection throughout the box!

i suppose its a bit like you Evil Goblin a bad apple spreading infection of verbal diarrhorea on these forums! :P

as you say everyone is entitle to their opinion freedom of speech & all that :D

i suppose its a bit like you Evil Goblin a bad apple spreading infection of verbal diarrhorea on these forums! :P

I suppose I asked for that one, blueeyes! Serves me right for trolling (although I have to disagree with the "verbal diarrhorea" bit).

LDV - I thought I'd made it clear that the existance of homosexuality is indeed a fact of life and must be accepted as such. Neither have I advocated that homosexuals should be punished.

I suppose I asked for that one, blueeyes! Serves me right for trolling (although I have to disagree with the "verbal diarrhorea" bit).

LDV - I thought I'd made it clear that the existance of homosexuality is indeed a fact of life and must be accepted as such. Neither have I advocated that homosexuals should be punished.

unless they are into punishment, in which case i advocate a saftey word.

Archived