20 Grand For The Ttgxp Concert

Slim

How much money can Mr Quayle be responsible for wasting before he is held to account? It won't be by the Chief Minister. The only reason an under-achiever like Martyn Quayle is a Minister is because he supported Tony Brown to become Chief Minister. TB is hardly likely to admit that giving a job to this pathetic man was a mistake, regardless how much money he wastes and he continues to foul up.

To be honest with you the government never are any good at promoting anything like this, it needs someone with a vested intrest.

Why don't the government just rent out the villa to promoters and let them do the hard work.

Also why the DTL don't have people out during the tt asking folks i.e bikers what they think of the TT and what they want to see.

Market reasearch is what it is called.

I am sure if they made this concert more biker friendly i.e playing film soundtracks and the odd rock track it would have been a great night.

The TT should be looked at as a product not a jumble of ill thought out events.

Bring back the Prom stunt shows and entertainment and nevermind the locals moaning about closing the prom.

If the government had any clue the prom should be shut for the week.

If they had marine drive in full working order that could be a one way out of douglas and traffic could move easier.

It's 40 odd years since 'Born to be Wild' by Steppenwolf - yet bikers are still fed this stuff every time they come over here. Some of them won't have even been born... to be wild... then.

To me, there's nothing really wrong with an orchestral/MOR concert taking place during TT week - theoretically you stand a better chance of more bums on seats with the island's population doubled (or whatever the figures are these days).

But I didn't see a single poster advertising it. (Perhaps it just wasn't a bold enough poster, but I seemed to see all the Whitesnake, Chilli Pipers etc plastered around the place)

I didn't see the concert - it wasn't for me. Kinda seemed like your "local silver band playing granddad's favourites" on steroids.

I'm sure when the Hallé orchestra came over they had a better turnout - perhaps the local target audience generally batten down the hatches and don't go out during TT week?

I'm sure when the Hallé orchestra came over they had a better turnout - perhaps the local target audience generally batten down the hatches and don't go out during TT week?

The Hallé is a proper orchestra. It would appeal to a very different audience - people who like music. And it's true that many such people on the island tend to stay at home during TT.

S

The Hallé is a proper orchestra. It would appeal to a very different audience - people who like music. And it's true that many such people on the island tend to stay at home during TT.

S

Or escape the island. I'd have gone to this any other month, but I'd already shelled out for concerts that week. Shame.

I think 2 events tt week would be sufficient of you are looking at gigs.... a popular current band like Kings of Leon and someone like Fatboy Slim would be rammed!

If the government are quite happy to lose stupid amounts like this year then they could subsidise the ticket price!

I think 2 events tt week would be sufficient of you are looking at gigs.... a popular current band like Kings of Leon and someone like Fatboy Slim would be rammed!

Come on, Kings of Leon are filling multiple nights at the o2, there's no way you could get them here.

It does have the advantage of being the weekend before Glastonbury though. I poured scorn earlier when someone suggested Neil Young, but I don't know now. His latest album was about his conversion of his '59 Lincoln Continental to some sort of alternative energy source. So there might be a tie in there. Ahhh... the benefit of hindsight!

Archived