Girls Say Thankyou To Rescuers

Jack Meoff

they were on the radio praising the emergency services soon after, and now a few weeks later the same drivel in the rag, i wouldn't be surprised to see the driver getting away with a caution instead of prosecuted for due care or above.

they were on the radio praising the emergency services soon after, and now a few weeks later the same drivel in the rag, i wouldn't be surprised to see the driver getting away with a caution instead of prosecuted for due care or above.

do you not think that maybe they r genuine in their praise of the emergency services etc? and that there is no ulterior motive to get off lightly ?

do you not think that maybe they r genuine in their praise of the emergency services etc? and that there is no ulterior motive to get off lightly ?

ofcourse they are thankful, everybody who ever gets cut out of a vehicle is thankful regardless of who's fault it was ( with the exception of failed suicides ) but a letter of thanks to the relevent departments would convey that, no need for the rest of us to be told twice in the media about their emotions on the subject. a smoke blowing execise and a pat on the back for the authorities for doing what they are there to do. if they had come out with all the blow after any court case when they may well be pissed with the same authorities for fining them and putting points on a licence, it would hold a lot more merit, but it stinks of im sorry, please don't prosecute me for getting it all wrong, smile smile.

Personally, I wouldn't go to the press, I don't really understand the reason IOM Newspapers needs to parade stone-faced serious women with a messge ("Keep your dog's on their leads up Douglas Head", "Thank you Emergency Services", "Save Champ", "Dog owner thanks mystery woman", "Let me take my kids on Holiday! pleads grumpy lady" etc)

But this thread is way out of proportion, we've -

1. compared them to witches

2. compared them to emos

3. compared them to the ugly sisters

4. discussed their parentage

5. discussed the size of their breasts

6. accused them of driving without due care and attention

7. and impuned their motives for thanking the rescuers (You don't even know if there will be a court case.)

And what have they done to deserve all this? Said thanks.

Personally, I wouldn't go to the press, I don't really understand the reason IOM Newspapers needs to parade stone-faced serious women with a messge ("Keep your dog's on their leads up Douglas Head", "Thank you Emergency Services", "Save Champ", "Dog owner thanks mystery woman", "Let me take my kids on Holiday! pleads grumpy lady" etc)

But this thread is way out of proportion, we've -

1. compared them to witches

2. compared them to emos

3. compared them to the ugly sisters

4. discussed their parentage

5. discussed the size of their breasts

6. accused them of driving without due care and attention

7. and impuned their motives for thanking the rescuers (You don't even know if there will be a court case.)

And what have they done to deserve all this? Said thanks.

it's the age we live in, if you want your 15 minutes there is the price of public scrutiny and oppinion to pay. and i think the champ thread was on a par with perceived insults of a personal nature to the tangoed mouthpiece?? we may not know if there will be a court case ( the pats on backs trade off perhaps?? ) but we do know that there was a single vehicle crash with enough force to trap TWO people , suggesting perhaps there should be....

Archived