Geoff Cannell

sam_iom

What to do with Geoff Cannell  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted "only used on other Radio TT programmes e.g.the chat shows".

Geoff was the press officer and main TT commentator

The Manx Radio management didn't want him to do both jobs so, I think, they pulled the plug

The trouble seemed to me that, somewhat arrogantly, he allegedly thought he could do Peter Kneale's job as well as doing his own.

He was on Mannin Line today telling everyone how capable he is and how incapable others were - news readers, sports commentators etc.

He was also hinting that Manx Radio/ Radio TT (ergo all its listeners) were missing out by not having him as their TT voice.

Onchan voters saw right through him at a Keys election and unceremoniously booted him out.

I must admit that I was rather embarrassed for him today. :blush:

Because it's a poll I voted make him main commentator again, no one can say he doesn't know his stuff.

On another note I couldn't care less what he does.

"Onchan voters saw right through him at a Keys election and unceremoniously booted him out."

Personally he is a nice bloke but his position was untenable as sec of the TT organisation and a sports reporter.

The question we should ask is why is he now not the sec of the TT organisation?

As an MHK for Onchan he was a waste of space and got booted out as i have quoted from another poster.

But to be fair, so are all the other Onchan MHKs.

One is under police investigation.

The other up his arse

And the third is an idiot!

May be Mr Cannell should stand for election again. I feel sure that the stupid moronic pensioners in Onchan will vote for him because he is a nice man now their chemist is shamed.

I voted to keep him in the Pit lane for radio TT.

He does wind people up at times, but nobody can dispute he was very good at his job  B)

Last Ten

I would despute it.

He may know a lot about his subject but that does not necessarily make him good at his job.

He frequently 'shot from the hip', he was insensitive beyond belief in situations that required a degree of common sense and more often than not he just didn't know when to keep his big mouth shut. He was an embarrassment to the media and, at times, an embarrassment to the Island.

He was an accident waiting to happen and I'm sure Manx Radio was delighted when it was given a legitimate opportunity to get rid of him.

Instead of begging for his job back, he might do better to take the opportunity to reflect and work out just what he did wrong before starting again in a role that carries less collective responsibility.

I was going to dispute it as well

I think he's pissed off too many people over the years

His interviewing technique was sometimes abysmal. He was often more interested in showing off his own knowledge than actually asking sensible questions of the riders and then waiting for them to reply.

Last year, while he was press officer, he was also reporting for Energy and also over by the grandstand score boards taking photos for his own use. I’d suspect that his employers wouldn’t be too impressed with that.

I get the impression that he’d got “too big for his boots” and that his employers, Manx Radio and the Dept of Tourism (?) are better off without him

But to be fair, so are all the other Onchan MHKs.

One is under police investigation.

The other up his arse

And the third is an idiot!

I think that if you're going to make remarks like this, you should be fair to the individuals involved and make it clear which ones that you're referring to in which context.

I feel sure that the stupid moronic pensioners in Onchan will vote for him...

Are you a friend of John? Pensioners are just a drain on the state 'n all that!

Stav.

Archived