Tynwald Day Live Broadcast

BBC IOM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may paint my living room this weekend.

If so I will be setting up a live stream if anyone wants to watch it dry

You should have given more notice and I might have bought a ticket. As it is, I'm booked up to watch some grass growing this weekend.

Damn that corporation - they insist on us paying a licence fee to subsidise a global operation and what do WE get in the Isle of Man? They should be covering proper Manx events like...oh, wait....

Damn that corporation - they insist on us paying a licence fee to subsidise a global operation and what do WE get in the Isle of Man? They should be covering proper Manx events like...oh, wait....

I think it is good that the BBC are covering the event. With new technology and all that it shouldn't be too difficult, especially when you consider for example, the quality of the Bushy's TT Tent webcam this year. How many reporters do the BBC employ over here, if it is three then it is too many for what they produce but there again is quite a low number when you compare it to the mighty Manx Radio. Do we really need the BBC when we have Manx Radio, after all they surely have the capability to broadcast film over the internet.

Yes, but these days it doesn't take the BBC to broadcast to the world.

At a most basic level, a decent home video put on Youtube might be seen by more people than the BBC. I am sure Manx Radio have the capability to do this and what about all those videos about the Isle of Man, whoever produces those could do the job.

We need the BBC but we surely don't need more than one reporter based here.

Channel 504 on Sky is BBC Parliment. It has never shown the oldest Parliment in the world in action, yet it shows the Welsh, Scottish, NI and Lords, so that tells me how much they are bothered about the Island.

Don't watch it then.

What's up with everyone this week?

Exactly. People who promote the briliiance of living on the Island (so much better than the UK) who then take the piss out of it's tradition and heritage (needles in eyes, paint drying etc). Why?

OK Tynwald may be not the most absorbing spectacle but as D says don't watch it if you don't want to (it's not compulsory viewing in any sense) but there are people who are interested. It may even raise our profile a bit for those who feel we are ignored.

Archived