[BBC News] Secure bike parking areas set up

Newsbot

They seriously expect bikers to pay to park a bike on the third floor of a multi-storey? Genius, I'm sure there'll be queues right round Shaws Brow for one of these extremely rare bike parking spaces, especially with the high level of bike theft on the island...

They seriously expect bikers to pay to park a bike on the third floor of a multi-storey? Genius, I'm sure there'll be queues right round Shaws Brow for one of these extremely rare bike parking spaces, especially with the high level of bike theft on the island...

Well said! pay to park my bike in Shaws brow when there are plenty of free, safe parking spaces round Douglas? my arse!

Well said! pay to park my bike in Shaws brow when there are plenty of free, safe parking spaces round Douglas? my arse!

Yes often wondered about that. especially during TT week (although not exclusively) when bikes are parked on the prom not displaying time discs, as required, yet they never seem to get a ticket.

How does that work then?

Yes often wondered about that. especially during TT week (although not exclusively) when bikes are parked on the prom not displaying time discs, as required, yet they never seem to get a ticket.

How does that work then?

How does that work then?

How does that work then?

How does that work then?

How does that work then?

It only works once... maybe twice. But three strikes and you're out.

How does that work then?

How does that work then?

How does that work then?

It only works once... maybe twice. But three strikes and you're out.

Yes sorry about that, the time of the posts might give a clue. But anybody got an answer? (to the original question)

I rationalise it by the folowing reason;

The disc should be displayed inside the car so as to be seen clearly through the window.

Bikes don't have windscreens, therefore no display.

Also the ticket must be attached to the windscreen of the vehicle. Same applies.

Maybe we could ask the new mayor of Douglas as he used to do the job.

Always an offense to park on a pavement, what did they expect?

I actually bumped into the new mayor yesterday at a friends, he just says it's more hassle than it's worth although some keen people might issue tickets.

Archived