[BBC News] Surveys for harbour revamp plans

Newsbot

is there really a competition between departments as to who can spend the most in the year ?

Maybe - but having seen how Peel has improved over recent years then I'm in favour of a marina in Port St. Mary.

Ramsey would have been my first choice, but with St. Anne being against anything and everything that would improve the miserable dump and a load of commissioners who aren't sure where Ramsey is I'll settle for Port St. Mary.

is there really a competition between departments as to who can spend the most in the year ?

Maybe - but having seen how Peel has improved over recent years then I'm in favour of a marina in Port St. Mary.

Ramsey would have been my first choice, but with St. Anne being against anything and everything that would improve the miserable dump and a load of commissioners who aren't sure where Ramsey is I'll settle for Port St. Mary.

But won't this upset Callow's Yard Property Group's plan to concrete over the Castletown seafront?

Shafted? When they tried to do it in Ramsey, Ramsey told them to fuck off. Why would they try again?

you know what there like up there,

we dont like change,

its the pier or northing at all

We are also versed in grammar and spelling, unlike some other parts of the Island. Perhaps it's jealousy that causes the rest of the Island to want to dump anything "iffy" up here and to squeal like stuck pigs if someone suggests spending any money on us!

Tey also have plans to convert Douglas into an all tides marina

Good.

I would have thought that would be recognised as a standard prerequiste for any development before taxpayers money is thrown at it.

Restricted tidal access marinas will not bring in the passing/visting trade that all tides ones do.

Vistors like to come and go when it suits them not be constrained by access.

Of course it depends on what the perceived/desired target market is.

Archived