Newsbot

Sewage strategy plans discussed

A plan for poo.

A strategy for shit

A concept for crap

A design for Doo doos.

A tactic for turds.

Hurrah!

Under the orginal IRIS water treatment project, it was intended all the island's sewage would be pumped to the Meary Veg plant in Santon.

The Department of Transport has suggested that savings could be made by having several, smaller plants to serve the west, north and east of the island

In otherwords, the original IRIS plan was flawed, the design open to problems and now they're having to go back to a plan which I believe was tabled at the time. Even back in 2006 it was suggested to build regional works. Ah well, at least they've finally seen the light.

Would be interested in knowing how well this project sits within the original budget.

A change in the way the Isle of Man treats its sewage is to be considered by Tywnald later this month.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8135081.stm

I would love to know how much has been pissed away (excuse the pun) on IRIS over the years. It took christ knows how many years to implement. Meery Veg has been operational for a year or two, and now they want more money to change strategy again. I had heard that IRIS stands us at around £200m already for something that looks (again excuse the pun) to be a crock of shit.

When will the true costs ever be revealed by Tynwald.

Archived