[BBC News] Tynwald discusses taxi licensing laws

Newsbot

I once hired a taxi to take me to a job interview. The driver couldn't find his way, the meter ran on and eventually he just let me out to find my own way on foot, after taking his fare off me. I hope there is something about the drivers needing to have "manx knowledge" or at least have a sat nav or someone they can call back at base for help in finding their way. I didn't get the job (having not made it to the interview on time, and after the interviewer assumed I was fair target for being invited to a rescheduled interview and then have me arrange to be interviewed after everyone had locked the office shut and gone home to "see how I like having my time wasted". With a potential employer like that maybe the taxi driver did me a favour.

I once hired a taxi to take me to a job interview. The driver couldn't find his way, the meter ran on and eventually he just let me out to find my own way on foot, after taking his fare off me. I hope there is something about the drivers needing to have "manx knowledge" or at least have a sat nav or someone they can call back at base for help in finding their way. I didn't get the job (having not made it to the interview on time, and after the interviewer assumed I was fair target for being invited to a rescheduled interview and then have me arrange to be interviewed after everyone had locked the office shut and gone home to "see how I like having my time wasted". With a potential employer like that maybe the taxi driver did me a favour.

That is the most unlikely pile of crap going. And when, inside your own head, did this event take place?

Sorry, but that would very much surprise me - I've had a cabbie like that in Manchester once - never here, though - and I've seen the requirements for the taxi test, and local knowledge is a pretty firm part of it. Failing that, or assuming your interview was with NeverHeardOf Ltd at EdgeOfTheWorldDrive in GodKnowsWhere, the cabbie would have radioed the base and someone would have known.

The taxi driver should have taken you straight to the airport so you could leave the island.

But there was no taxi driver

Damn, didn't see that, now I understand the workings of the lessthanhuman mind.

Archived