Peelstock 2009

Slim

Forwarded from a mate;

Hi all,

I've attached a poster for Peelstock 2009 which takes place on Saturday 18 July 2009, at Peel Football Club with music starting at 4pm. The event has an outdoor licensed bar provided by the Creek (all profits go to the the Tommy Clucas Memorial Fund), lighting by ELS, Horizon scaffolding are putting a stage up for us in the middle of the football pitch and Anglin Buttimore is doing the sound. We've got 7 quality bands, starting at 4pm (finish around 11.30pm).

Entry is £5 for adults, £2 for under 18's and under 12's are free, provided they are with an adult.

Hope to see most of you there.

Thanks

post-7-1246964623_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

We went as we do every year, even put off a trip across to enable us to attend. Yet again a good time was had by all, although I did see the usual idiots getting chucked out for the usual idiotic behaviour.

There did seem to be more there this year, but that could be down to me seeing double sooner in the evening.

Roll on Peelstock 2010.

Yep. We played, although how I managed to stay upright with Mike stamping his feet that hard, I will never know. Had an ace gig, thought the atmosphere was good actually. Didn't really see much of the idiots, but some friends that were coming out of Peel towards Douglas said there were a few silly people jumping out in front of cars etc. Neil also locked the doors of the Whitey at half 11 because the police had been in. Agree with Mudcheck (couldn't have been two of us with double vision :D ) - roll on Peelstock 2010.

Peelstock was brilliant, saw a band I've never hard of before called Sloth Loves Chunk - flippin ace! If anyone knows them, any idea where they normally hang out/play?

The guys are from the Jewel in the North (Ramsey).

There some footage on you tube

Its pretty crappy footage btw.

My brother is the voclaist on Gay Bar!

Archived