[BBC News] Bank's assets to pay legal bill

Newsbot

This "news" does not mention that the IOM taxpayer will nonetheless have to pay for Treasury's costs in creating the doomed SOA (at a cost of over 1million sterling, mostly for offshore consultants).

The liquidators costs in co-operating with Treasury on the SOA, and DAG's own legal fees incurred "defeating" it (although not all depositors wanted it defeated), will be paid for out of the remaining banks assets, and therefore by the creditors.

This "news" does not mention that the IOM taxpayer will nonetheless have to pay for Treasury's costs in creating the doomed SOA (at a cost of over 1million sterling, mostly for offshore consultants).

The liquidators costs in co-operating with Treasury on the SOA, and DAG's own legal fees incurred "defeating" it (although not all depositors wanted it defeated), will be paid for out of the remaining banks assets, and therefore by the creditors.

Indeed, the IOM taxpayer will be picking up a lot of costs. And as I understand it, the great majority (in number) of depositors were in favour of the SoA.

S

The basic legal principle is that the loser pays. What argument did the "bank" lose?

It looks rather like a vulture free for all on the corpse of the bank. At this rate those chappies on £300, £400, £500, £600, £700, £800 ++ per hour can rabbit on and on pontificating schemes and stuff until the assets have entirely disappeared.

I wonder what the advocate for the bank has to say about all this apart from "here's my latest invoice".

It's times like this that I feel a blast of Gwendoline Lamb might be appropriate.

Gwendoline_Lamb_0011.mp3

It looks rather like a vulture free for all on the corpse of the bank. At this rate those chappies on £300, £400, £500, £600, £700, £800 ++ per hour can rabbit on and on pontificating schemes and stuff until the assets have entirely disappeared.

Yep. :(

Indeed, the IOM taxpayer will be picking up a lot of costs. And as I understand it, the great majority (in number) of depositors were in favour of the SoA.

S

No they werent that's why it was voted out.

It was a scheme that was only advantageous to the IOM to avoid having to trigger their DCS.

So it wasted a million plus of tax payers money and has cost the innocent depositors 620K

The basic legal principle is that the loser pays. What argument did the "bank" lose?

I wonder what the advocate for the bank has to say about all this apart from "here's my latest invoice".

It's times like this that I feel a blast of Gwendoline Lamb might be appropriate.

Gwendoline_Lamb_0011.mp3

More bleating

The depositors are indeed like lambs to the slaughter attacked by vultures from all sides.

I had every sympathy with the depositors until DAG's well-orchestrated and vitriolic attacks on the Isle of Man.

The depositors are indeed like lambs to the slaughter attacked by vultures from all sides.

Do you write for the Watchtower?

Gwendoline_Lamb_0011.mp3

I missed this

So right. :(

Poor woman I hope that history does not repeat itself.

Archived