Saga Rose Saga?

Fossils

I spotted the cruise liner Saga Rose racing down past Port St Mary. When I got home and checked she was shooting past Chicken Rock at about 16 knots, destination Greenock. Is she lost, or just taken without the owner's consent?

Saga_Rose_06052.jpg_640.jpg

If you look at the map, the Isle of Man is not parallel with the British coast.

It is probably just as quick, if not quicker, to take the route around the south of the Island to Greenock.

Looking at the AIS site at present she is well on schedule to meet her ETA at Greenock 08:05, even if she wants to include a sail up and down Belfast Loch as well.

If you look at the map, the Isle of Man is not parallel with the British coast.

It is probably just as quick, if not quicker, to take the route around the south of the Island to Greenock.

Looking at the AIS site at present she is well on schedule to meet her ETA at Greenock 08:05, even if she wants to include a sail up and down Belfast Loch as well.

I see from her history that she came from the Mersey, popped up for a look at Douglas, then swooped down round the Calf before heading north again. Her speeds fluctuate dramatically, so I assume that she is on some sort of sea trial, perhaps folloing a refit or repairs.

http://www.shipais.com/shiptrail.php?mmsi=308264000

.............and she may be going via Belfast Lough.

Archived