Armageddon For Iom?

Evil Goblin

Come on mods, please do your job to encourage respect between those who particupate in the life of the Forum. We should all remember Voltaire's quote: ""I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend your RIGHT to say it to the death!"

If you don't agree with what's written, but defend people's 'RIGHT' to do so, then it's a bit ironic to be telling people to stop writing stuff, however 'trite, crude, or vulgar' their posts may be . Were you trying to be clever quoting Voltaire?

Approx. £6k per household.

Oh well, the IOM has been cashing in on the finance sector for years and can't have it both ways I suppose.

Presumably it could be recovered from any assets?

Good. If you refer to another thread on this forum you've just had £193m of our money to pay you out. Why not take it in good grace and just piss off as you'll get a cheque back soon

Except that no one has got anything as yet.

There is still no decision o the Creditors Committee which means yet more delays for the depositors.

And the money was the IOMs much promoted Depositors Compensation Scheme that has according to Mr Bell / Mr Brown always 'served us well'.

The 193 million IF it is paid out will be paid by a levy on the banks in the first instance.

However at the same time the DCS will will receive 14.5% of this back almost at the same time from the liquidator and then a further percentage back at the end of the year.

This is not a gift it will be cash neutral for the IOM they will lose nothing .

Among the depositors are many IOM residents ( one took a petition to the Tynwald on Tynwald Day.)

Approx. £6k per household.

Oh well, the IOM has been cashing in on the finance sector for years and can't have it both ways I suppose.

Presumably it could be recovered from any assets?

It will start recovering from the assets immediately in the same way as any other creditor.

Archived