[BBC News] Manx airport shows passenger rise

Newsbot

Because June and July have 8 letters when you add them all up and add the year.

so 8 + 2008 = 2016

8 + 2009 = 2017

The figure includes TT which was in June this year, but figures for July, August and September will be lower than last year - because people are on holiday and don't travel. (according to VLM)

edit to add - I never read the report on the link, when I posted, but just have now ...... TT in June - she let me down on that one.

Basically its a very long press release from the Airport Director to explain "TT last year was split May / June, but TT this year was fully in June so more people came here in June than in June last year".

Now I have stated the bleeding obvious in an upbeat manner can I have my £90k a year and my government pension please.

Basically its a very long press release from the Airport Director to explain "TT last year was split May / June, but TT this year was fully in June so more people came here in June than in June last year".

Now I have stated the bleeding obvious in an upbeat manner can I have my £90k a year and my government pension please.

So if you look at the two months together to even out the differences in TT dates in May/June the airport was down 7078 passengers or about 5%. Excellent performance that will be enhanced by the re-sealing of the tax-way Ann Reynolds forgot about in her budget, and by sealing the place off with a new fence.

Why is Ronaldsway being compared with Gatwick, Liverpool and Manchester of all places?

Because the Director seems to think that she's running an international airport rather than some poxy local one with diminishing traffic numbers. You can't get the budget to spent tens of millions by comparing your airport to Blackpool or Doncaster.

Why is Ronaldsway being compared with Gatwick, Liverpool and Manchester of all places?

Runway length? nah!

Archived