[BBC News] Woman charged over club 'attack'

Newsbot

Great BBC headline though

Woman charged over club 'attack'

Is this suggestive that this was not actually in the strictest sense an attack? Some sort of faux attack maybe, or perhaps something that resembled an attack to the untrained eye but was not actually an attack in the truest sense of the word and so not reportable as such. If so its hard, I would guess, to injure someone by 'attacking' them in a sort of post ironic way.

Great BBC headline though

Woman charged over club 'attack'

Is this suggestive that this was not actually in the strictest sense an attack? Some sort of faux attack maybe, or perhaps something that resembled an attack to the untrained eye but was not actually an attack in the truest sense of the word and so not reportable as such. If so its hard, I would guess, to injure someone by 'attacking' them in a sort of post ironic way.

Why? Because quotation marks are used? Quotations marks are used to indicate a quote, i.e. attributing the word 'attack' as being a word used by someone to describe the incident. They're not called sarcastic marks.

Maybe, it's not an attack until it's proven in a court of law. Maybe the "victim" suffered "injury" by some other "means".

What I want to do was why did the doorstaff let her in with a club in the first place - that's just asking for trouble.

Maybe, it's not an attack until it's proven in a court of law. Maybe the "victim" suffered "injury" by some other "means".

What I want to do was why did the doorstaff let her in with a club in the first place - that's just asking for trouble.

To be fair I don't think the doorstaff thought that any harm would result in allowing a woman with a chocolate covered biscuit into the premises

The girl attacked under went eye surgery yesterday and due to her being pregnant could not recieve full pain relief.

I personally hope she recovers fully and there are no complication with her unborn child.

The girl attacked under went eye surgery yesterday and due to her being pregnant could not recieve full pain relief.

I personally hope she recovers fully and there are no complication with her unborn child.

I wouldnt have thought a nightclub would be the best place for a pregnant women!

But i too hope everything is ok for her, and her baby.

I wouldnt have thought a nightclub would be the best place for a pregnant women!

Yer she should have been at home barefoot and tied to the kitchen sink !!

Yer she should have been at home barefoot and tied to the kitchen sink !!

Thats not quite what i said, nor meant!!!

Well pubs, clubs et al are now all non-smoking (I presume that's still the case in IOM) plus there's no law stating that people have to drink alcohol although most British and Manx people seem to think that the purpose of having a night out is to get 'wasted', stagger home and wake up with a hangover because it's fun

I believe a marketing research by a major northern brewery in the 1970s found that their brown ale sales greatly increased with the addition of a chemical that was supposedly harmless other than to give a headache.

There are many that need that hangover in order that they can think they have had a reet good night out.

There are many alcoholics that drink for the mind-numbing hangover, which is preferable to having a clear head. A bit like some kids of today can't bear to allow thoughts to run through their heads spontaneously and have to keep themselves occupied all the time with their mobile phones and iPods etc,

Archived