[BBC News] Sidecar racer killed in S100

Newsbot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michael Moyle ... added that for people who were married with young children, racing on closed public roads was fool-hardy.

An interesting but rather unusual comment - being married and having young children doesn't alter the odds of a serious accident happening.

It does alter the odds over producing a grieving widow and fatherless children.

Agreed - but no matter who you are, you're dead; which is the crux of the matter not those left to grieve - and single childless riders will still have mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers etc.

Thoughts are with those left behind.

Really? My thoughts aren't. My thoughts are pondering the horrific nature of this crash, and the rider reaching down for his completely severed limb before dying, and wondering why on earth we allow this sort of thing on the Isle of Man whilst remaining indifferent to the carnage.

Really? My thoughts aren't. My thoughts are pondering the horrific nature of this crash, and the rider reaching down for his completely severed limb before dying, and wondering why on earth we allow this sort of thing on the Isle of Man whilst remaining indifferent to the carnage.

So you mean to say then Keyboarder that you do not have sympathy for the family that this guy left behind?

Yes that too.

I never watch the races, i cant bare to watch the gambling of the lives these people take at such dangerous speeds.

Have the injuries and circumstances of this riders death been made public????

Much greater carnage is wrought on open roads upon people believing that they are relatively safe, driving to work or wherever. There have been some horrific gore-fests in recent years with flying limbs a-go-go.

The road racer knows the risks he faces when he goes out, and deals with them in whatever way is best for him, but the person driving to work doesn't expect to be turned into steak tartare, yet we continue to allow people to drive about!

A MANX Grand Prix competitor is suing Suzuki for more than £300,000 in damages after he was seriously injured during practice three years ago.

Alan Jackson, of New Longton, near Preston, had to be airlifted to hospital with serious leg injuries after the crash at Black Dub, Glen Helen.

Now the 29-year-old has issued a High Court writ for damages against Suzuki, claiming the frame of his GSX-R750 motorbike – which allegedly split in two – was defective.

Thats the way to do it. If you survive just sue someone. Saves a lot of mucking about with begging bowls and appeals.

Much greater carnage is wrought on open roads upon people believing that they are relatively safe, driving to work or wherever. There have been some horrific gore-fests in recent years with flying limbs a-go-go.

The road racer knows the risks he faces when he goes out, and deals with them in whatever way is best for him, but the person driving to work doesn't expect to be turned into steak tartare, yet we continue to allow people to drive about!

You make an interesting point, but at least the government are actively trying to reduce those risks rather than encourage racing.

Archived