[BBC News] Cavendish equals record with win

Newsbot

Ah, it was obviously such a good idea that it burrowed so deep in my brain that I ended up thinking it was mine. This happens more than you'd think, which always makes for good fun down the patent office.

I don't know, they're pretty smart cookies. A publicity boosting rebranding of what will become known as the "Cav of Man" and sticking giant handle bars over the Laxey Wheel with a gargantuan spandex effigy placed to the side will soon have tourists rushing to The Bee Gee's international airport, falling over and occasionally even stabbing one another to be first to see where that guy with the bike from the telly lives. Rumours are that inhabitants of the Costa Del Sol are already referring to him as "the destroyer", or in some cases "the saviour", in anticipation of a massive drop in tourist numbers.

You can imagine that the rocket scientists at the DTL have already had a brainstorming session where all sorts of shit ideas around "the Isle of Cav" have been explored. Your ideas are probably quite tasteful in comparison to some of the stuff discussed if what they usually do is any benchmark.

Maybe a "Tour De Laxey" Cav experience where you can pay £5 to cycle around the Laxey Hills and pretend your in the Pyrenees?

Rest assured there will be no tacky depths not plunged to make a few civil servants appear like they are trying to justify their existence.

Archived