Star Wars - Old Republic

MilitantDogOwner

Now if the same skill and effort is put into this MMO as Bioware put into the KoToR games then I will seriously think about quiting WoW for it.

But then again I won't uninstall WoW just yet just in case it turns into another Star Wars Galaxies. Sony WWWWHHHHYYYYY???!!!??????????

Lots and lots off Jedi...

also lots off Sith, Mandaloreans and the like..

I am waiting to see what format its on and am gonna have to buy the system, as I can't see it coming out on the Wii..lol

I thought as much. Shamus Young of "The Escapist" expressed my views pretty much spot on.

Yes, everyone wants to be a Jedi. Because Jedi are special. Except, in an MMO, you can simply choose to be a Jedi. Which means being a Jedi is about as exotic as being right-handed.

Anyone making an MMO of Star Wars has to make the choice between making the game follow the Star Wars rules or making it balanced, because a Jedi is deliberately not balanced when compared to anything that doesn't have force powers, a lightsaber, super reflexes, the ability to see the future, the power to shoot lightning from their fingers, and the voice of James Earl Jones. You'll either play in a world where the Jedi class is so powerful that nobody wants to play anything else, or one where a Jedi is a sad mockery of the characters we see in the movies. In either case, it will be a world where half the people you meet have force powers, most of them are more powerful than you, and they all talk like retards.

Sure, the idea of playing a noble and mysterious Jedi might be appealing, but ten minutes after logging in you'll find your self in the Goldshire, but with lightsabers. You're not going to be hanging out with Mace Windu, Yoda, and Luke Skywalker. You're going to be in some sewer under Coruscant, killing gonga-rats for 10XP each with fellow party members "Ninjaguydan", "Abcdef", and "Manparts".

Although it may still be worth a trial.

I thought as much. Shamus Young of "The Escapist" expressed my views pretty much spot on.

Yes, everyone wants to be a Jedi. Because Jedi are special. Except, in an MMO, you can simply choose to be a Jedi. Which means being a Jedi is about as exotic as being right-handed.

Anyone making an MMO of Star Wars has to make the choice between making the game follow the Star Wars rules or making it balanced, because a Jedi is deliberately not balanced when compared to anything that doesn't have force powers, a lightsaber, super reflexes, the ability to see the future, the power to shoot lightning from their fingers, and the voice of James Earl Jones. You'll either play in a world where the Jedi class is so powerful that nobody wants to play anything else, or one where a Jedi is a sad mockery of the characters we see in the movies. In either case, it will be a world where half the people you meet have force powers, most of them are more powerful than you, and they all talk like retards.

Sure, the idea of playing a noble and mysterious Jedi might be appealing, but ten minutes after logging in you'll find your self in the Goldshire, but with lightsabers. You're not going to be hanging out with Mace Windu, Yoda, and Luke Skywalker. You're going to be in some sewer under Coruscant, killing gonga-rats for 10XP each with fellow party members "Ninjaguydan", "Abcdef", and "Manparts".

Although it may still be worth a trial.

I still fancy being Boba Fett..lol

I am waiting to see what format its on and am gonna have to buy the system, as I can't see it coming out on the Wii..lol

according to the offical faq on the website

"What platform supports SWTOR?

PC only "

so will just have to wait and see I guess

Archived