Cav Versus The Dt&l

KrazyJak

what would be a smart move is to bring back the manx cycle week and use cav to promote it

I gather the Dept of Tourism and Leisure killed the popular event, but I'm sure Choir Week will prove to be just as popular....

This stuffs kicking off in the UK in a big way now, with a tour series taking place around city centers raising the profile of cycle racing as it goes. Getting the IOM into a series like that would be top.

what would be a smart move is to bring back the manx cycle week and use cav to promote it

Sensible thinking.

Please stop.

This stuffs kicking off in the UK in a big way now, with a tour series taking place around city centers raising the profile of cycle racing as it goes. Getting the IOM into a series like that would be top.

The Isle of Man - the most expensive stop of the series.

It's not an either/or situation is it?

Depends, they've got a limited budget so if they were to accommodate cycle week again, something would either have to go or get less money.

I just think the whole Choir week thing is poor because it's the ministers hobby.

Depends, they've got a limited budget so if they were to accommodate cycle week again, something would either have to go or get less money.

I just think the whole Choir week thing is poor because it's the ministers hobby.

It's not the minister it's one of the department members. And isn't cycling one of your hobbies?

I think it has potential - there's choirs in virtually every village, generally made up of older affluent people. My Dad was involved with choirs and went across on a few occasions to sing with them, seemed like this is something choirs do (like a football team's summer tour). Also they seemed to spend a considerable timely talking shit discussing technique in local pubs. I guess Geoff Thingy will have been in a position to spot this.

I wonder are other inititives starved of cash because of the great drain on Government resources that the TT represents.

Terse, perhaps, but the popularity is on the rise again.

It's not the minister it's one of the department members. And isn't cycling one of your hobbies?

He's an MHK who's responsible for tourism. Cycling is one of my hobbies, but I don't have the power to grant government funding.

I think it has potential - there's choirs in virtually every village, generally made up of older affluent people. My Dad was involved with choirs and went across on a few occasions to sing with them, seemed like this is something choirs do (like a football team's summer tour). Also they seemed to spend a considerable timely talking shit discussing technique in local pubs. I guess Geoff Thingy will have been in a position to spot this.

Sure, but there's already a week long music festival here for choirs.

Time for something new? Something offbeat?

How about 'The World Squirrel Hunting Championship.'

A squirrel is released into one of the plantations and teams of 6 try to capture it - unharmed - without doing any damage to the plantation. 1st prize - ten grand to a charity of the team's choice, sponsored by Daff.

[This was originally going to be 'beaver-grabbing', but I believe Stavros is already being investigated for that]

Time for something new? Something offbeat?

How about 'The World Squirrel Hunting Championship.'

A squirrel is released into one of the plantations and teams of 6 try to capture it - unharmed - without doing any damage to the plantation. 1st prize - ten grand to a charity of the team's choice, sponsored by Daff.

[This was originally going to be 'beaver-grabbing', but I believe Stavros is already being investigated for that]

The Manx wouldn't be able to practice and train on the Island. We'd have to use hedgehogs instead or maybe even wallabies.

Archived