Digital Switchover

buggane

Also a little confised as what you mean by "pay off my TV licence"?

Ummm... No TV signal = no need for TV licence, I cancelled my direct debit and got a £50 refund - NB this doesn't apply if you move to Sky / Freeview etc. but I haven't

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Television

The drug of the nation

Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation

Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy - Television The Drug Of The Nation - Video & Lyrics

Great track :)

Lots of strong references to the mighty Gil Scott Herons - The revolution will not be televised Lyrics

Also a little confised as what you mean by "pay off my TV licence"?

Ummm... No TV signal = no need for TV licence, I cancelled my direct debit and got a £50 refund - NB this doesn't apply if you move to Sky / Freeview etc. but I haven't

Fairy Nuff.

Just the rules are a bit odd and some people assume that if you don’t have a TV and use a laptop with a tuner card you don’t need one Oddly though they don’t mind you watching iPlayer with out one, as long as its not a live show.

Excellent news.

Now perhaps a glittering awards evening with civic leaders, local dignitaries, a shirley bassey tribute singer and a bloke in a jumper as master of ceremonies.

And a new set of stamps to mark the event.

Great news. No more Border! However if you are watching via satelite on channel 103 you are still getting Border. How long will it take to change all the IM postcode customers to Granada.

If you want to watch the Granada broadcast from the island at 6 tonight you wont get it on satelite 103!

And a new set of stamps to mark the event.

Heh! Nice one, but when it comes to issuing stamps on the Isle of Man the line between celebration, irony and sarcasm is pretty blurred.

Still - there is always money to be made from the captive market of them there stamp collector types.

Full marks Granada. They have just given about half of the 6 o'clock regional news programme over to a wonderful free advert for the island. Makes a wonderful change from the BBC's poor coverage, which is usually anti-IOM.

Lets hope they keep up the good work.

There's been no change in this regard though. If you didn't watch live tv before, you didn't need a license.

Sheee-it!! :D

Just discovered Family Guy (yeah, yeah I know some have been watching for ages)

Bye, bye, Simpsons!

Just discovered Family Guy (yeah, yeah I know some have been watching for ages)

I hope you don't grow tired of jokes that fit the formula -

"This reminds me of the time, I went X with Y in Z"

I don't know about rabbits but has anyone caught Will and Grace on C4 in the mornings? The homosexual watershed would seem to be 9.00 AM.

There is no homosexual watershed. Just as there is no heterosexual watershed. However Daily Mail readers can buy a special attachment which will block all mention of gays, muslims and their promotion of fascism.

Archived