Digital Switchover

buggane

Just discovered Family Guy (yeah, yeah I know some have been watching for ages)

I hope you don't grow tired of jokes that fit the formula -

"This reminds me of the time, I went X with Y in Z"

I will no doubt.

I have been an avid Simpsons fan for a few years. I only have (er, had) terrestrial, so I watched most week-day nights and really look forward to it. Strangely, for the last 2 or 3 years I have literally fallen asleep very quickly on the settee watching it (even though I enjoy it) and usually wake up just after the start of Hollyoaks. I have come to the conclusion that I don't relax all day until 6:00-6:30 pm and simply switch off too much.

But yeah, I am sure Family Guy is just as formulaic.

Still for now, it is fresh and fun and there is loads of it on.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today digital TV has given me an insight into our parents' psyche via the medium of On The Buses and The Professionals. No wonder they're so fucked up spending their formative years on this drivel.

Right! Like you don't remember first time around!

Should add that Family Guy is enjoyable at first it just loses it's pizzaz quickly. I blame the manatees.

TBH I don't remember On the Buses either I guess Mum and Dad didn't watch it, so in those days of one telly households I didn't either.

But there's no way you could be a boy in the 70's and not have watched the Professionals.

What is with this channel they seem to have for Gay Rabbits?

Are rabbits even aware of digital switchover?

So, has anyone actually tuned into Gay Rabbits channel? Was it all about the a bunch of happy bunnies frolicking in a meadow? Oh so cute and adorable. I am going to name my rabbits after bitter and obnoxious forum members.

Great news. No more Border! However if you are watching via satelite on channel 103 you are still getting Border. How long will it take to change all the IM postcode customers to Granada.

If you want to watch the Granada broadcast from the island at 6 tonight you wont get it on satelite 103!

My Sky now has ITV Granada on 103.

All future recordings that were on series linkage for ITV Border are still in the planner as ITV Border so I don't know what's going to happen with them.

ken Quines's on Port Erin had a pile of 50 digital boxes on Saturday. They went in about an hour.

They will be getting another load on Monday.

Somehow I don't think the Island was really ready for this.

You're probably right Nipper, although some listeners have complained that I've been giving too MUCH air time to the switchover.

Thing is, something like this needs to actually happen before you take it seriously, practically and not as an abstract - I couldn't get the digital teletext thingy to work on the studio monitor last night for example...

Quick question and apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. As an owner of a new Ken Quine freeview box I don’t seem to have all of the new channels available and appear to be missing Film 4, Dave and Virgin amongst others.

Quick scan online pinpoints that I’m missing Multiplexes A, D and C.

Are these being broadcast on the Island yet or have I not tuned the damn thing in right? ;)

Quick question and apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. As an owner of a new Ken Quine freeview box I don’t seem to have all of the new channels available and appear to be missing Film 4, Dave and Virgin amongst others.

Quick scan online pinpoints that I’m missing Multiplexes A, D and C.

Are these being broadcast on the Island yet or have I not tuned the damn thing in right? ;)

None of these will be available on freeview on the Island, as detailed in the leaflet that was dropped to everyone a couple of months back.

You will need satelite to get any of these channels.

Details of what you should be geting in link below.

http://www.colebourn.com/new_guide.shtml

Archived