Digital Switchover

buggane

None of these will be available on freeview on the Island, as detailed in the leaflet that was dropped to everyone a couple of months back.

You will need satelite to get any of these channels.

Not the case, a relative in onchan gets Film 4, Dave, SKY (3, I Think) and many more. I only get the ones in the list provided, shame as I was looking forward to Film 4.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None of these will be available on freeview on the Island, as detailed in the leaflet that was dropped to everyone a couple of months back.

Not the case, a relative in onchan gets Film 4, Dave, SKY (3, I Think) and many more. I only get the ones in the list provided, shame as I was looking forward to Film 4.

In which case he is getting his signal from an off Island transmitter. Anyone geting their signal locally will only get the channels listed.

There are certainly people in Onchan, Laxey, the North West, and a few other spots who can get signal from England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales and may get the extra channels, but they are not officially available here.

In which case he is getting his signal from an off Island transmitter. Anyone geting their signal locally will only get the channels listed.

There are certainly people in Onchan, Laxey, the North West, and a few other spots who can get signal from England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales and may get the extra channels, but they are not officially available here.

I'm in Douglas, and get my signal from Carnane.... In the last couple of days Film 4, Dave, SKY have become available. They weren't there after the switchover, but are now and nothing has changed in my setup.

*EDIT: The Sky stuff, Dave, and E4+1 now seem to have stopped....

Archived