[BBC News] Inmates' charity walk for toddler

Newsbot

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The inmates at Jurby Prison donated the Aziz Sharpe, two, from Douglas, who was born with microcephaly, which means her head is smaller than normal.

Once again. Glad I don't bother paying my licence fee

What do you mean?

The inmates at Jurby Prison donated the Aziz Sharpe, two, from Douglas, who was born with microcephaly, which means her head is smaller than normal.

Once again. Glad I don't bother paying my licence fee

Regret paying mine now.

Diabolical reporting. The walk began in Castletown. What walk?. Schoolboy stuff

Anyway, that aside, if I read between the lines (not easy) appears the inmates have done a good thing.

Good on them.

Anyway, that aside, if I read between the lines (not easy) appears the inmates have done a good thing.

Yeah, they've got out for a nice long walk. Heroes.

Again,and regrettably,I find myself agreeing with Keyboarder.

Even when they try to mend fences people still don't give them a chance.

i say good on them, i would like to see more pro active stuff from them, people can and do change.

i say good on them, i would like to see more pro active stuff from them, people can and do change.

People get sent to prison as a punishment and the punishment is loss of liberty. Going out for a walk all day is not a loss of liberty.

People get sent to prison as a punishment and the punishment is loss of liberty. Going out for a walk all day is not a loss of liberty.

Yes it is!

Going for a walk is "freedom", if one is in prison surely one is not entitled to have this kind of privilege.

And never mind that it raises funds for a good cause?

Didn't see any pre-advertising for sponsorship for this one. Shame I would have contributed.

My god, inmates went for a charity walk, a real "privilege" (maybe they had chance to have a fag though) Did anyone abscond? .

Does this not count as part of rehabilitation.? Thought some less serious offenders get time out on daily/weekend parole anyway. (I may be wrong)

As I have learnt from my teenage son - "not a biggie"

Going for a walk is "freedom", if one is in prison surely one is not entitled to have this kind of privilege.

No, no. When these men are taken out of prison they will be kept under very heavy surveillance. They don't have the same level of liberty as we do. They will be kept on the leash! I don't really see your problem with them doing this work.

Archived