[BBC News] Inmates' charity walk for toddler

Newsbot

so then thats not a victumless crime then

Yes, in the sense that the reasons why drug taking is illegal has nothing to do with 'victimisation' along the production line. But then if you're really going to dwell on victimisation of people on the production line, you can look at how workers in 'sweat shops' are treated or with my politics how much workers are exploited.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so then thats not a victumless crime then

Yes, in the sense that the reasons why drug taking is illegal has nothing to do with 'victimisation' along the production line. But then if you're really going to dwell on victimisation of people on the production line, you can look at how workers in 'sweat shops' are treated or with my politics how much workers are exploited.

this has nowt to do with sweat shops,

u said gave an exsample of a victimless crimes, which turns out not to be so victimless,

so what is a victimless crime????

also i said from wheres its made to where it ends up, so theres transport etc in there as well

All I am saying is that the relevance of the issue of victimisation when considering why drug-related stuff is criminal is not about the people whose lives are affected through the production line. That is not why they are banned. In terms of the act of using the drug and selling it, it is victimless. And I mentioned sweat shops in comparison with the victimisation of people in the drug trade. Their situation is very similar, yet the goods are not illegal.

In terms of the act of using the drug and selling it, it is victimless.

so when a rivel drug dealer wants to move on to a new patch of ground,

all he does is walks up to the fella,

"hi im LDV im going to start selling my drugs here now can u run along"

"o right ok no problems dude u can have this area cya"

what world do u live in,

*not that im saying ldv is a drug dealer

what world do u live in,

Drug dealers aren't all ganglords or are like how you are portraying them. Those at the top may be more like that, however. If you consider the struggle and consequent crimes that occasionally occur because of the fighting between the drug suppliers common sense would dictate that this would be eliminated by the government supplying the drugs. This form of victimisation is the product of illegal and drugs being a crime in the first place.

Those at the top may be more like that, however.

Go on Lala - you draw the line. What makes a good drug dealer and a naughty drug dealer?

Will one say 'Nope sorry druggy scumbag, I'm not taking your money. You beat ten bells of shite out of Ena Sharples besty just to rob her of that £20. I only take honestly earned money.'

You dillon!

Those at the top may be more like that, however.

Go on Lala - you draw the line. What makes a good drug dealer and a naughty drug dealer?

Will one say 'Nope sorry druggy scumbag, I'm not taking your money. You beat ten bells of shite out of Ena Sharples besty just to rob her of that £20. I only take honestly earned money.'

You dillon!

I think Gazza is referring to those drug dealers at the top of the hierarchy of supply. Not the majority to who get it from that guy.

what world do u live in,

Drug dealers aren't all ganglords or are like how you are portraying them. Those at the top may be more like that, however. If you consider the struggle and consequent crimes that occasionally occur because of the fighting between the drug suppliers common sense would dictate that this would be eliminated by the government supplying the drugs. This form of victimisation is the product of illegal and drugs being a crime in the first place.

so only the ones at the top are bad and the ones that are only small time do victumeless crimes, ok then,

and then u started babbling on about goverment shit again, thats nowt todo with this

so back to the Q again,

name a victimless crime

I think Gazza is referring to those drug dealers at the top of the hierarchy of supply. Not the majority to who get it from that guy.

but LDV drugs allways come from drug dealers at the top of the hierarchy of supply,

but LDV drugs allways come from drug dealers at the top of the hierarchy of supply,

They do. Gazza, we have already been here. Drugs are illegal and because they are illegal you could get this in-fighting between drug dealers at the very top. But you are assuming that this in-fighting is a certain reality of drug supply.

They do. Gazza, we have already been here. Drugs are illegal and because they are illegal you could get this in-fighting between drug dealers at the very top. But you are assuming that this in-fighting is a certain reality of drug supply.

its a vary big reality,

u seam to think that there is no fighting at all

How about someone who grows a few pot plants, solely for their own use?

there u go LDV that wasent hard,

somebody found one, that seams to be just what u want,

so instead of argueing your ppint that is not really there to argue u should have just thought of something eles,

but then again where did the seeds come from!!!!!

Most of the problems that surround the drug trade exist because drugs are illegal.

If there was a system to regulate them we would not have many of the problems we do.

Drugs are like any other commodity, except in their case the entire chain of production, trade, and supply must be done illicitly. This situation begets crime and violence.

Kebabs are another sought after commodity, but kebab shop owners don't gun each other down for trading on the same street.

So if it's victims you're looking for in a crime, the victims of the drug trade are an effect of the governments policy on drugs, having made them illegal, thereby forcing the trade underground.

But that's not why drugs are illegal, because of some moralistic duty on the part of the govt, drug users are not punished because they are being held responsible for the crimes against people in their supply; if that were the case we would all be in prison for wearing cheap imported clothes, or drinking coffee, or eating chocolate.

Archived