[BBC News] Inmates' charity walk for toddler

Newsbot

I do think growing your own weed for your own personal use is quite possibly a victimless crime, yes. Especially when it is being used for a pain relief, (but only for medicinal purposes).

On the subject of having other drugs legalized/legalised (?), i dont believe for a second it would make "less victims", if it was legal then it would be seen as "acceptable", which it obviously isnt.

Yes, there are problems because drugs are illegal but i personally dont want to see the problems made because they are legal, its just swapping one set of problems for another.

Alcohol is legal, is there no victims of alcohol abuse!!!

We all need barriers, if you take them away it creates a free for all.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but then again where did the seeds come from!!!!!

You can buy the seeds legally in the UK as souvenirs or bird feed or fishing bait. However it's the germination/cultivation of those seeds that is illegal under Section 6 of the UK Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

Roo, barriers? Why do we need barriers? If I wanted to I could go off and get whatever I wanted to, I could make a million pounds, I could climb a mountain, I could take drugs, I can do ANYTHING I want to, the law? PMSL, who made them/you/any other human animal the boss of me? I would like to think that I have self control, a point of self preservation and a will to do what is best for myself & the people I love and care for.

Chaos isn't always chaotic :D

Roo, barriers? Why do we need barriers? If I wanted to I could go off and get whatever I wanted to, I could make a million pounds, I could climb a mountain, I could take drugs, I can do ANYTHING I want to, the law? PMSL, who made them/you/any other human animal the boss of me? I would like to think that I have self control, a point of self preservation and a will to do what is best for myself & the people I love and care for.

Chaos isn't always chaotic :D

thebees, you may well have "self control", but not everyone can say this, including myself!

If it were'nt for the illegal things in life how would one know right from wrong....

On the subject of having other drugs legalized/legalised (?), i dont believe for a second it would make "less victims", if it was legal then it would be seen as "acceptable", which it obviously isnt.

Your opinion. And acceptability of drugs is largely founded on a morality that comes from its legal designation.

Yes, there are problems because drugs are illegal but i personally dont want to see the problems made because they are legal, its just swapping one set of problems for another.

Please explain.

Alcohol is legal, is there no victims of alcohol abuse!!!

And I wonder why that is? I am not thinking of the prohibition era in the USA in respect of the control of alcohol supply.

We all need barriers, if you take them away it creates a free for all.

Barriers? In what sense, because I can create barriers for myself. I don't need other people to do so for me.

Anyway, do you really think it is wrong for these inmates to do community service or is it more that you are sceptical of the reasons for them doing it?

thebees, you may well have "self control", but not everyone can say this, including myself!

If it were'nt for the illegal things in life how would one know right from wrong....

If you don't have self control, then should you be punished for it? What are you trying to say?

Here we go! The question of free-will and responsibility for actions rears its' head again. Personally, I don't think any of us are responsible for any of our actions but how we cope if we recognise this truth I don't know.

Personally, I don't think any of us are responsible for any of our actions but how we cope if we recognise this truth I don't know.

We are and we are not, I do like that way of thinking though (and not in a cop out kind of way)

Since arriving on the Island in September I have noticed a few shops selling 'legal highs'.

In the spirit of scientific investigation I sampled some 'legal opium' and effects are not far distant from the heady smoke of my homeland.

I must say that this country's licensing laws certainly seem very strange in respect of prohibited substances; it seem that some drugs are never allowed and others are always allowed regardless of the consequences. Wouldn't it be best to all allow drugs, tax them, and use the proceeds to provide care for addicts, and eduction in the safe use of intoxicants and social responsibility to one's fellow citizens? Perhaps then people could be prosecuted if they harmed society rather than if they smoked the wrong plant?

I am, however, currently in a marijuana induced haze which I find necessary to keep the boredom at bay whilst I rest between jobs so it's probably best not to take any notice of me.

Here we go! The question of free-will and responsibility for actions rears its' head again. Personally, I don't think any of us are responsible for any of our actions but how we cope if we recognise this truth I don't know.

You DON'T think we are responsible? Can you explain please?

You DON'T think we are responsible? Can you explain please?

how about drink driveing

u know if there wasent a law to say it wasent allowed then a hell of a lot more ppl would be doing it,

how about drink driveing

u know if there wasent a law to say it wasent allowed then a hell of a lot more ppl would be doing it,

Evil Goblin said we are not responsible for our actions.

re read and yes your right,

i think we are all responsible for our actions

Apologies in advance for not quoting and bad spelling, i'm full of a cold and feel like shite, but i guess well enough to reply to some questions (just).

LDV, in my opinion if drugs where made legal yes it would cut out drug mules so no victims there but it would always be expensive to score, so there will still be the crime, we would have shops on every high street selling, i suppose, so the average man/women/child on the street could possibly want to try, after all it couldnt be too bad if legal, (IN MODERATION) so there would be more addicts!

You may well "create your own barriers" and you should be very proud of yourself for not crossing them, but unfortunately not everyone does, hence so many criminals, drug addicts, alcoholics, and self harmers etc.

I like to go out occasionally and yes i have a drink or .....(irrelevant), but if drugs had been legal i probably would have tried, i'm only human.

I really dont believe drugs being legal would make a better world for anybody.

Anyway back on to the original thread, i think its been mistaken what i actually said.... I said i would be happy to see the convicted criminals (not in those exact words) doing things for the community.... helping pensioners, sweeping the streets, whatever, but just dont think raising money for a childs charity is appropriate, leave that to the people who actually want to, if they want to raise funds for a good cause when free, then great, do it then!!!

Archived