Teenager Wings It With A Fake Airline

Amadeus

Teenager wings it with a fake airline

A TEENAGE boy from Yorkshire succeeded in persuading British aviation executives that he was a tycoon about to launch his own airline. Using the pseudonym Adam Tait, the smooth-talking 17-year-old told airport and airline executives that he had a fleet of jets.

Tait, who said he was in his twenties, even flew to Jersey to attend a 1½-hour long meeting with the director of its airport. Their talks were considered promising enough for a further meeting to be arranged, which was due to be held next week.

Other air industry bosses found themselves dealing by telephone or e-mail with Tait’s fellow executives, David Rich and Anita Dash, who proposed to launch a cut-price Channel Islands-based airline servicing most of Europe.

What no one realised was that Tait, Rich and Dash were all the same person: an aircraft buff with the gift of the gab and an overactive imagination.

He even got the pilots all excited and talking:

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-ro...uernsey-13.html

but got away with it - well, grounded for a while I guess :)

No charges for teenager who posed as airline boss

Have to say Catch me if you Can, was one off the funniest films I have ever seen, and the fact its based on a true (ish) story makes it even better.. this would make a funny as fook film...lol

Archived