[BBC News] Civil service warned of pay cuts

Newsbot

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is terrible, the government is meant to be a job for life...

Since arriving on the Island in September I've been told it's best to join the masons then the government - is this no longer true? Is there any danger I will have to work for a living?

Thousands of civil servants on the Isle of Man face pay cuts and "no job security" in 2010, say union representatives.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8161345.stm

Seems like the real world has arrived eh?

Only downside is we'll be hearing little Miss Moffat on Manx Radio all the time :(

Do I sense that this country is ready for a revolution? I can assist with financing if required.

Thousands of civil servants on the Isle of Man face pay cuts and "no job security" in 2010, say union representatives.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8161345.stm

Seems like the real world has arrived eh?

Only downside is we'll be hearing little Miss Moffat on Manx Radio all the time :(

do we need a spider to sit down beside her ? :lol:

Yes very happy but i would be happier if you didnt post so much crap, its boring.
Easily sorted:

post-2735-1248203341_thumb.jpg

Back on topic.

This is absolute music to my ears. The thin end of a much needed wedge.

Remember this day, as it is a significant demonstration of the Isle of Man no longer being able to sustain itself.

Remind me, where and how exactly do we get all this oodles of money from?

Edited to add:

There are many Civil Servants who are hard working and worthy of their salary. They should not have any worries. The rest however . . . .

There are many Civil Servants who are hard working and worthy of their salary. They should not have any worries. The rest however . . . .

How does one go about ascertaining the effective ones from the ineffective? What are you proposing? Sack them and replace them? Make them redundant? Melt them down for glue? How do we support them and their families? Benefits I guess? Who pays for that? Oh yeah...us.

Most civil servants I come across do a good job. There's some bad ones of course, as there are poor employees in any walk of life. I work with some in the private sector. And you can't sack them either...verbal warnings, written warnings, oh the bureaucracy of it all.

Archived