[BBC News] Civil service warned of pay cuts

Newsbot

And sorry, the whole "politics of envy" schtick doesn't cut it. I have no problem with someone running their own company (or someone else's) and getting paid handsomely for increasing profitability.

I do have a problem with overpaid, idle career clockwatchers getting the best part of quarter of a million pounds, however.

I am no apologist for Mr Aspden and don't reallly want to comment on his particular position. So let's leave that alone.

But say the Chief Medical Officer in the UK - does he generate income/profitability? No. But should you be prepared to pay a certain amount to secure the best person for the job -Yes

Or would you rather give that job to a school leaver with a grade "D" in biology because they are the cheapest option, and it's not a revenue producing job anyway?

A good chief medical officer can save cast amounts of money, just like a good FD in a company.

So a good FD in a company saving vast amounts of money should be paid top whack, whereas a good top civil servant doing the same, saving vast amounts of public money should not.?

Sorry I don't follow your reasoning. You seem to be arguing against yourself.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whereas a good top civil servant doing the same, saving vast amounts of public money should not.?

Give me an example of a good top civil servant in the Isle of Man saving a vast amount of public money please

Jonathon Watson.

Now, you give me an example of an FD of a private company on the Isle of Man saving a vast amount of money.

Jonathon Watson.

Perhaps you need to explain to 99% of forum members who the hell he is and what the hell he does to save money?

Or perhaps I don't - I answered the question, still awaiting a reply to mine.

And I recommend Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!!

Either you're in some bizarre homo erotic worship of this senior civil servant or you spill the beans (if you have not already) on exactly why you said what you said.

He's hardly Doris fucking Lessing then?

I'm unaware of her contribution to reducing public expenditure.

More to making up shite and pretending to do the obvious (like any high ranking civil servant)

Archived