[BBC News] Flybe awarded transfer contract

Newsbot

That's a shame. Manx2 put a lot of effort and personal touches into making the Chester route a success.

The Flybe experience is annoying and unpleasant in comparison.

Let's just hope that someone's life doesn't depend on getting there by Flybe. We've had our flights cancelled, at the very last minute, twice out of the three times that we've tried to fly with them this year.

By the way, they are still operating the non-zeroed scales at Ronaldsway. Last time I checked-in the machine was fluctuating between 1.3 and 1.5Kg, before I put my case on.

......and will an extra charge be introduced for wheelchairs and/or crutches?

Shame. It strikes me that Manx2 is exactly the kind of airline that would provide this service well; personable and small enough to want to do the very best for the patients travelling, whereas Flybe on the face of it may be cheaper, time will tell whether patient transfers are shoe-horned into their schedule. Only difficulty, though, is how are bedridden patients transferred, by air ambulance and who provides that?

Sadly the airport is going the same way as the steam racket with one major provider. Flybe once again is trying to put paid to Manx 2, we can only hope this backfires on them in a similar way that the blackpool belfast routes did. Totally agree with posters being concerned about lost appointments, at least Manx 2 was a dedicated flight for one purpose and could not easily be cancelled. The shortsightedness of those in charge beggars belief.

The airline Flybe is awarded the contract for the Manx Patient Transfer Service.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8162184.stm

"Let's just hope that someone's life doesn't depend on getting there by Flybe. We've had our flights cancelled, at the very last minute, twice out of the three times that we've tried to fly with them this year."

To repeat my earlier reply on this thread, my experience with Flybe so far this year is that one third of our flights have been cancelled at the last minute.

Is this possibly similar to the number of operations that have been cancelled at the last minute by the Health Service?

Average length of delays with Flybe..............that's another major consideration that the gov-reps obviously haven't taken into consideration. Can anyone comment on these?

I understand that when Euromanx went bang, leaving only Flybe, they stuck up their patient flight costs immediately. That's why DHSS went to Manx2.

I have used Chester a few times, and been very impressed. Part of the trip is the banter with the drivers and other passengers.

I went back with Flybe via Liverpool a couple of times, and you suddenly become one of the "Take your shoes off, take your belt off, wait there" herd.

I understand that when Euromanx went bang, leaving only Flybe, they stuck up their patient flight costs immediately. That's why DHSS went to Manx2.

I have used Chester a few times, and been very impressed. Part of the trip is the banter with the drivers and other passengers.

I went back with Flybe via Liverpool a couple of times, and you suddenly become one of the "Take your shoes off, take your belt off, wait there" herd.

You've just reminded me of the horrors of departures at Liverpool John Lennon Dirty-Slum Airport. You can exit via the miles-long, hot, smelly, bad-tempered queues or, by-pass it all by paying a rip-off fee and going along the Fast-Track. That experience is sickening for any healthy person, and will not be good for travelling patients...............or patience.

prisoners-of-war.jpg

sounds as if the patients are being fitted into the existing flymaybe services - wonder what will happen when appointments are missed due to cancelled flights.

the medical flights are quite lucrative according to rumour, so it would be more a case of the flight is payed for, how many other punters can we cram in for extra money.

I was recently inconvenienced at John Lennon airport also.

Some simian security guard tried to obstruct me from entering the departure lounge because my zip-up see-through plastic bag was the wrong shape (rectangular not square) and directed that I BUY a new one for 50p from a vending machine.

Naturally I had no choice but to run the knave through.

After that I followed Mr Lennon's advice on imagining no possessions I helped myself to a bottle of Veuve Clicquot from the departure shop. The rest of the journey went without a hitch.

Archived