Camra Iom Pub Of The Year

bopalula

The Isle of Man branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) has chosen it's pub of the year as the Whitehouse in Peel.

The branch will be having a social at the Whitehouse on Thursday (23rd July) evening, with a presentation to the landlord at 8pm.

The Isle of Man branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) has chosen it's pub of the year as the Whitehouse in Peel.

The branch will be having a social at the Whitehouse on Thursday (23rd July) evening, with a presentation to the landlord at 8pm.

Seems to be a booking clash - the Apostrophe Preservation Society will already be inattendance :P

No suprises there. I can't think of anywhere that comes even close.

I agree. Its really in need of a Bobby Sands makeover.

I love the Whitehouse,but don't ever try asking for a Guinness and black,the conversation went thus -

Me - '....and a pint of Guinness and black please'

Mr K - 'No'

Me - 'what?...I'm not drunk'

Mr K - 'I know'

Me - 'so can I have a Guinness and black then please?'

Mr K 'No'

Me - 'You're refusing to serve me?'

Mr K 'No,I'm refusing to serve you Guinness and black'

Me - 'OK then,I'll have a pint of Guinness and a single measure of bl..'

Mr K 'No'

Me - 'I'll have a pint of lager please'

Mr K -'Righty ho'

Quite right of him too! Spoiling a good drink with your deviant requests.

Just got back from the whitey actually. The ale is among the best to be had on the Island.

What are they selling that's so good?

Seems to be a booking clash - the Apostrophe Preservation Society will already be inattendance :P

Oop's :P

No suprises there. I can't think of anywhere that comes even close.

Runners up were the Creek Inn and the Woodbourne Hotel.

I intend to form CARM.

The Campaign for Real Milk

Not the chemically laden crap foisted on us by default.

Quite right of him too! Spoiling a good drink with your deviant requests.

Just got back from the whitey actually. The ale is among the best to be had on the Island.

What are they selling that's so good?

Try the Okells. Being cask ale without any preservatives or shite, the quality of it varies considerably from pub to pub. I don't know much about ale - i just know that at the whitehouse it tastes good!

Archived