[BBC News] Man exposes himself to dog walker

Newsbot

It's indecent exposure. Humanity has developed in such a way that our awareness of sexuality has led us to cover our reproductive organs in most situations (unless they're about to be used) so that people don't feel uncomfortable, or in some circumstances physically threatened.

I know it is indecent exposure. Ok, so it is a crime because it is 'indecent', it is not decent. Doesn't sound very serious to me. Humanity seems to have developed in such a way where cocks and fannys have to be hidden because of our own sexual repression - or that is what I think anyway. And therefore it leads to silly situations such as this where people feel the need or desire to get their cock out and then there is the resulting shock. It does seem to be what you are saying, so people don't just feel a uncomfortable looking at a human body part that has something to do with sex.

Walk around Salford with your cock out and report back.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cocks and fannys have to be hidden because of our own sexual repression

lol. Don't forget tits and bumholes!

I think the law on indecent exposure is almost unbelievably ridiculous, but it is sadly real.

I mean, the 'victim' of this flasher might have been a bit shocked for having seen this man's downstairs parts, but what's wrong with that?

Sexual parts aside, if an old lady was walking her dog and was approached by a chap who proceeded to take his T-shirt off in front off her, I think she would have every right to feel threatened. That's what wrong with that.

Sexual parts aside, if an old lady was walking her dog and was approached by a chap who proceeded to take his T-shirt off in front off her, I think she would have every right to feel threatened. That's what wrong with that.

His T-shirt? This is about being threatened, this is about a display of a cock and the shock of it.

His T-shirt? This is about being threatened, this is about a display of a cock and the shock of it.

I don't think you understand. Ok it may not shock you but I can understand how an old lady might feel threatened by it.

It's not normal behaviour, at least not in these parts.

Would you condone walking up to an old lady (or anyone for that instance), pulling a Rampant Rabbit out of an overcoat whilst smiling laviciously?

You may not have physically asssaulted them but I, for one would find the experience unsettling.

Many years ago my ex wife had someone flash at her in Liverpool, she just laughed and asked him

"is that the best you can do" he soon turned tale and buggered off, mind you she was a tough old bint. :(

Well ok, the underlying thing because this all are many forms of sexual repression that make people do these sort of things and the create that follows.

This is a very specific thing, as it is men wanting to show their dick. It isn't relevant to mention rampant rabbits or women doing the same but it is such a uniquely male behaviour.

But it is not one that is linked to rape as the intention is not to assault. It is simply to shock. Now why is that a crime?

So you think it's threatening, but not serious? Make your mind up.

It's about the thoughts that may race through someone's mind, such as "why has he got his cock out, and what's he going to do next?". The guy doing it is probably getting a sexual kick out of the direct affect he is having on that person, in that she will think about the incident every time she walks down that road, or sees him again. Some people might laugh it off. Some people will feel scared, and that's why the authorities gets involved. It's not a difficult thing to get your head around.

So you think it's threatening, but not serious? Make your mind up.

It's about the thoughts that may race through someone's mind, such as "why has he got his cock out, and what's he going to do next?". The guy doing it is probably getting a sexual kick out of the direct affect he is having on that person, in that she will think about the incident every time she walks down that road, or sees him again. Some people might laugh it off. Some people will feel scared, and that's why the authorities gets involved. It's not a difficult thing to get your head around.

I meant isn't threatening, my mistake.

What is he going to do with it next? Well nothing, if he was going to do something he would have used it - and that would be rape. Flashing your dick is not going to put the fear of being raped into someone's head. I very much doubt rape becomes by waving around you dick.

You might, however, be right in the idea of the guy getting a sexual kick out of showing his cock to another person and fantasising over the possibility of what she might think about the event in the future. But I think it has more to do with either the person's idea that they think it is funny to shock someone in this way or (similarly to what you are saying) they are sexual repressed and find this is some release. Either way, it seems strange to me that just shocking someone is considered a crime.

So do you think it should be legal for a man to have a wank in a school playground?

No

Why?

Sorry, in fact I don't think it should be illegal to do this. That doesn't mean I don't think it is wrong. For someone to start wanking in a playground demonstrates a worrying thing about that person's awareness of themself and their behaviour that doesn't accord well with what is acceptable by everyone else (I'd hope) in society. That person's doesn't need punishment but could do with help in understanding themselves and their behaviour. Of course, this also includes their sexual attraction to children. I don't see how punishment is constructive - they won't change their mindset and future behaviour by fines or gaol.

Flashing your dick is not going to put the fear of being raped into someone's head.

What, like someone waving a knife in front of your face would not make you fearful you might be stabbed?

If a stranger takes out a knife then it might as well be taken for a certainty that there is intent to use it, as such an action serves no other purpose.

To pull your cock out and briefly flash it isn't going to make someone think "Argh, gonna get raped". For starters, the first reaction is simply shock at seeing something you didn't expect, then the flasher has gone. I am surprised that a connection with rape is being brought up, as although I cannot know for an absolute fact I think I am making a good assumption to believe that the criminal designation of this behaviour originates from a rather antiquated perspective of seeing public displays of anything possibly related to sex being indecent.

Archived