[BBC News] Man exposes himself to dog walker

Newsbot

So you actually disagree with the way it's dealt with (i.e. punishment & help) rather than the legality of it?

Well criminal law only exists to punish people, unless in exceptional circumstances where it is recognised that punishment doesn't do any good.

But you agree that there needs to be a rule, a line that shouldn't be crossed, and if it is crossed then some sort of authority should step in to rectify the matter in some way.

That's why getting your cock out and showing it to a stranger is illegal. It's crossing that line.

Do you see?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"SOME"? Maybe. I'm quite use to seeing little pricks everywhere i go! But a guy who decides to get his dick out (limp or erect is irrelevant) is just a sad person!

Look at all the interesting things the Island has to offer....And yet he finds getting his winkie out in public more satisfying.

Like I said, I don't think the flashing thing is a nice thing at all.

Just the winkie then?

But you are not a 60 year old lady are you!

You cant possibly say what is or is not threatening to another

Are we talking size here?

like... a 5 inch wiggling at you is ok but a swinging 12 incher is just downright scary?

emoticons shown below

so do these faces go in order...

:mellow: - it's christmas and the wrapping is off

:o - foreplay

:blink: - "sorry it slipped"

:blush: - ah that's the right place now

roo? are you experienced in flashers?

So you actually disagree with the way it's dealt with (i.e. punishment & help) rather than the legality of it?

Well criminal law only exists to punish people, unless in exceptional circumstances where it is recognised that punishment doesn't do any good.

But you agree that there needs to be a rule, a line that shouldn't be crossed, and if it is crossed then some sort of authority should step in to rectify the matter in some way.

That's why getting your cock out and showing it to a stranger is illegal. It's crossing that line.

Do you see?

I have the image from south park of the left hand serial killer reading this post....

just what I need when discussing flashing

interesting side note what if the person does not cross the line but due to unforseen excitement his winkie does?

But you are not a 60 year old lady are you!

You cant possibly say what is or is not threatening to another

Are we talking size here?

like... a 5 inch wiggling at you is ok but a swinging 12 incher is just downright scary?

emoticons shown below

so do these faces go in order...

:mellow: - it's christmas and the wrapping is off

:o - foreplay

:blink: - "sorry it slipped"

:blush: - ah that's the right place now

roo? are you experienced in flashers?

Er yes, and no, but probably no, yes definately NO! :P

Do you see?

I don't think this is good behaviour but I don't think it is a serious issue either. The rule is there because male genitalia is not allowed to be shown in public. The only difference between nude people walking through Strand Street and this is that the flasher is motivated by sexual issues (though not conducting a sexual act). It's illegality doesn't make much sense to me.

Without wanting to make light, I seem to recall that some 'flashers' charged with indecent exposure were actually just blokes being caught relieving themselves (in the urinary, as opposed to gentlemanly, sense). We don't exactly know what happened so can't make any assessment of how we would react in the situation. Clearly, the lady found it threatening or she wouldn't have reported it.

Do you see?

I don't think this is good behaviour but I don't think it is a serious issue either. The rule is there because male genitalia is not allowed to be shown in public. The only difference between nude people walking through Strand Street and this is that the flasher is motivated by sexual issues (though not conducting a sexual act). It's illegality doesn't make much sense to me.

Christ LDV, you really are full of shit.

Just pray that this guy got his jollies enough from flashing, that in the future, you are not arguing that him raping some poor lass and its illegality doesn't make much sense to you.

Christ LDV, you really are full of shit.

Just pray that this guy got his jollies enough from flashing, that in the future, you are not arguing that him raping some poor lass and its illegality doesn't make much sense to you.

What has rape got to do with this?

Clearly, the lady found it threatening or she wouldn't have reported it.

Unless she thought it just indecent.

I'm more inclined to believe that she didn't fancy they guy or what he had on show. There are plenty of women who will gladly look at something they like, only to bitch and complain if it doesn't come up to the minimum standards.

I'm more inclined to believe that she didn't fancy they guy or what he had on show. There are plenty of women who will gladly look at something they like, only to bitch and complain if it doesn't come up to the minimum standards.

A personal experience?

Archived